Kriegsmarine Brown Uniform study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

period image

Here's a "brown uniform" (early stand up collar) worn side by side with the white version, a later open neck type!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickG; 07-19-2008, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Royan auction

Here's a nice white set for comparison, recently sold from the Royan museum auction in Germany
      Attached Files

Comment

medal

Here's a period picture of a brown KM uniform. Its interesting that this officer is wearing a LW Pilot's badge, either he's a (ww1?) former pilot or its an honorary badge perhaps? Looks like a cloth one!!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NickG; 07-19-2008, 05:09 PM.

Comment

early pattern Brown uniform

Here's an early style stand up collar brown uniform jacket as worn by administrative personnel. Note flapless bottom pockets. The breast eagle in "admin" silver with matching silver anchor buttons. Its a copy of a copy so not a very good quality image...It was offered by a dealer a while back, I believe fellow WAF member Gerard...who sold it in the mean time.... (Hope its OK to post it for study purposes, even though its no mine...Unfortunately I missed buying it ...). A wonderful piece!
          Attached Files

Comment

admin eagle detail

KM administrative officer's breast eagle detail. Yes it is Kriegsmarine Silver on Dk Brown!!!
            Attached Files

Comment

liner

All these brown uniforms have similar partial liners
              Attached Files

Comment

post 1942

The RBNr would indicate post 1942 manufacture even though this is in early style tunic (with stand up collar)
                Attached Files

Comment

KM Brown uniforms often get confused with tropical uniforms as these have the same KM arm pit ventilation holes....so people assume these are tropical garments but these were issued to be worn in continental areas of Europe intended as baracks duty garments...
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by NickG; 07-19-2008, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Another image of the stand up collar type with KM administrative insignia (with flapless bottom pockets like the one that started this thread!) Note also the "S"-rings for detachable buttons !
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by NickG; 07-19-2008, 06:07 PM.

Comment

KM brown on the shooting range

Here's a KM brown uniform, open collar version (worn with blue pants and a blue visor as often done) at the shooting range. Note field-grey coastal and Blue KM uniforms also in wear! This is obviously not a tropical setting !
                      Another indicator of that is the captured Russian M91 Moisin Nagant rifle that is being test fired!
                      Hope you liked this thread! All for now!
                      Nick
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by NickG; 07-19-2008, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Nick

I just got one of these in complete with KM Summer Eagle and badges.

I will post fotos for rerferencve on this thread when I get my camera memory card back.

Best
                        Dion
                        Iam Uncle Sam
                        That’s who Iam
                        Been hiding out
                        In a rock and roll band

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                          Here's a period picture of a brown KM uniform. Its interesting that this officer is wearing a LW Pilot's badge, either he's a (ww1?) former pilot or its an honorary badge perhaps? Looks like a cloth one!!
                          Looks to me he is also wearing a Luftwaffe wedge cap as well from the eagle on it

Comment

Originally posted by pzrwest View Post
                            Looks to me he is also wearing a Luftwaffe wedge cap as well from the eagle on it
                            pzrwest: Yeah indeed! You are right...strange combination for sure!

münster: Great! Can't wait to see the images!

Comment

this was sold to me a few years ago as a private purchase KM tropical tunic, but after reading this thread, I believe that it may be a "brown" uniform. Although it does not have a liner or holes under the armpits, perhaps it is still private purchase. all opinions welcome.

the cuffs are false-french. the buttons are all marked with an M in a diamond, 1940 and KRIEGSMARINE and are held to the jacket with circular rings, like a key ring. behind the buttons on the right inside there is a number stamp:

i can post more pics if anyone has any requests.

Comment

Yes I also vote "Brown uniform" as the collar/lapels are different for it to be a (standard) tropical tunic,
                                and a metal eagle is also consitent with that style (as opposed to a cloth tropical breast eagle application)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X