No announcement yet.

Fieldgrey Kriegsmarine Uniform Gallery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played a bit with your close up photo in Photoshop and to me it seems like the lower pockets are pleated. from the tounge on the flap down to the hand wrist its sure looks like there are two vertical lines caused by the pleated lower pockets. But this is very difficult to judge with out better scans or handling the photo in hand off course.

Comment

I hope now you can see clearly.
      Attached Files
      Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
      Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Yes indeed, there seems to be inner lower pockets on that detail photo.
        I would suggest that since there exist walk over variations between the different models the tunic on the photo is a combination between M42 tounged pocket flaps and M43 who had 6 buttons and straight pocket flaps. Perhaps of reasons like pre manufactured pocket flaps made this possible during the walk over to M43? There are other examples on this in both insignia, tunic and headgear collections around. But why there are belt loop holes in the front is still a strange detail, that puzzle me. A very interesting photo
        Last edited by Carl Ellingstad; 12-06-2006, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Here we are again with some new additions. I'm sure that you can recognize some of them. Thanks to the seller to give me the opportunity to buy them, I'm really happy .
          Attached Files

Regards
          Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

Comment

Other view.
            Attached Files

Regards
            Eduardo

Comment

NCO M36 tunic.
              Attached Files

Regards
              Eduardo

Comment

Last one for now.

I would like to see some of yours .
                Attached Files

Regards
                Eduardo

Comment

Lovely tunics and headgear.A question since I'm not versed on KM uniforms etc. Late in the war the KM raised a number of Infantry units. Many of the sailors were integrated into other WH formations but there were also Naval Infantry Divisions. What type of uniforms and insignia did they wear? WR Jim

Comment

Originally posted by djpool View Post
                    Lovely tunics and headgear.A question since I'm not versed on KM uniforms etc. Late in the war the KM raised a number of Infantry units. Many of the sailors were integrated into other WH formations but there were also Naval Infantry Divisions. What type of uniforms and insignia did they wear? WR Jim
                    This is a very interesting question, but I have not a clear idea about it. The only pictures I have seen are from the MarinePanzervernichtungsbatallion commanded by Cremer, and I think that is a mix of uniforms, Heer, KM, and even LW.

In my visits to the noth of Belgium and Holland areas I have seen many balck leather unifomrs thta were found there and used for the navy units that fought there after the lost of the naval bases in the coast.

Regards
                    Eduardo

Comment

Very nice Eduardo As allways
                      Cheers
                      Petrus

Comment

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
                        This is a very interesting question, but I have not a clear idea about it. The only pictures I have seen are from the MarinePanzervernichtungsbatallion commanded by Cremer, and I think that is a mix of uniforms, Heer, KM, and even LW.

In my visits to the noth of Belgium and Holland areas I have seen many balck leather unifomrs thta were found there and used for the navy units that fought there after the lost of the naval bases in the coast.
                        Thank you for the reply.When I was stationed in Germany I remember a number of collectors crowded around a tunic ,they said was Naval Infantry. Unfortunately I never took the time to examine it, but I assumed there was something about the insignia etc that attracted the crowd.Back then KM uniforms didn't attract much attention except from a select few. WR Jim

Comment

Great collection all, I'm in fascination !

Comment

Salut KM-Spain,

Please tell me :
                            What sort of belt wears the Kompanieführer Kptltn. Bergelt on the photo you posted ? Looks a bit like a political one ??

thanks for your help & info,

Yves

Comment

Originally posted by sturmann View Post
                              Salut KM-Spain,

Please tell me :
                              What sort of belt wears the Kompanieführer Kptltn. Bergelt on the photo you posted ? Looks a bit like a political one ??

thanks for your help & info,

Yves
                              Yves, in the picture is not easy to say, but the regulation of the use of the belts by the KM officers determinate that these were exactly of the same model used by the Heer ones, brown leather belt with silver buckle in 1937.

Regards
                              Eduardo

Comment

Many thanks KM-Spain,

Do those officers'belt bear the same type of KM reception marks that are found on NCO/Other ranks leather belt ?

The more I look at the photo the more it looks to me like a NSKK/SA prong belt

Thanks
                                yves

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X