No announcement yet.

Fieldgrey Kriegsmarine Uniform Gallery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very rare M43 KA tunic, never used and looks as if never has had the collar tabs and the eagle.
    Attached Files
    Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
    Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

-

Really nice and interesting tunics, Eduardo!
      I will be happy to talk about my caps.

Comment

That would be a M42, as M43 have straight pockets flaps and M42 have the little tip underneath the button.
        I found this web-page with a identical tunic but with insignias enjoy: http://www.traubensaft.org/m42_feldbluse.htm

Comment

Probably you are right Carl, but this is a gray area for my, since there is not much information about the modifications that the KM field-grey tunic suffered during the war.

It suppouse that the center pleats of the brest pockets were omitted since 1944, but all we know that there are pictures dated before then with that kind of pockets. In this picture, dated january 1943,you can see a tunic with 6 buttons, pockects without center pleats and front eyelets for the belt hooKs. A rare model.

Can any of you tell me your mind about the timetable evolution of this tunics.
          Attached Files

Regards
          Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

Comment

M33 this looks like a standard WH M40 tunic with pleated breast pockets and outer pleated lower pockets

The M36 has dark green patches on the collar tabs, dark green shoulder boards, and pleated breast pockets with inside lower pockets. Usually with brass buttons

The M40 are identical to M36 except from the insignias who usually are with out dark green backing, and field grey shoulder boards. Usually with painted buttons

The M42 are with out pleated breast pockets with tongue on the pocket flaps, otherwise identical to the M40 model

This is a list thanks to Carl Ellingstad that notes the differences. These are all textbook examples, so there could be other differences aswell.

Comment

I basically agree with this, but you can find many other differences on tunics. The backing, dark green or field-grey, you can find in all the models along the time, and I suppose that depended of the availability of material and the whim of the owner of the tunic.

Have any of you a tunic like the one on the picture?, with 6 front buttons, and have you ever seen one with front eyelets?.

Regards
              Eduardo

Comment

The tunic on the period photo I would say is a M42 WH tunic used by CA. It was quite normal to have this mix of WH and CA tunics between CA units equipped from the various Marine depots. You will even find Reichwehr tunics used during the war by CA units.

Comment

Carl I don't think so because it has inside lower pockets, and this model didn't exist in the WH. I will try to post a better scan of the picture.

Originally posted by Carl Ellingstad View Post
                  The tunic on the period photo I would say is a M42 WH tunic used by CA. It was quite normal to have this mix of WH and CA tunics between CA units equipped from the various Marine depots. You will even find Reichwehr tunics used during the war by CA units.

Regards
                  Eduardo

Comment

The quality of the photo is not good enough on my screen to judge if the lower pockets are inner sewn. Would be interesting to see a better scan of the photo.

Comment

Great thread full of beautiful items,

My contribution to this great thread, perhaps not so spectacular like some other tunics/mannequins posted here but here my EM Küstenartillerie mannequin.
                      Attached Files

Comment

with overseas cap,

With overseas cap,
                        Attached Files

Comment

Great tunics and caps!
                          I once had a coastal visor, which I still wish I had!
                          Steve

Comment

Osfries, nice mannequin.

Here a bigger picture of the tunic. Sorry but my scan is broke and with the digital camera I can not do better with this pic. If you have it in you hands you can see clearly the inisde lower pockets, the 6 buttons and the front eyelets for the belt hooks.
                            Attached Files

Regards
                            Eduardo

Comment

Kompanieführer Kptltn. Bergelt with the tunic model M33 in Eckernförde in 1937.
                              Attached Files

Regards
                              Eduardo

Comment

Thanks,

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
                                Osfries, nice mannequin.

Here a bigger picture of the tunic. Sorry but my scan is broke and with the digital camera I can not do better with this pic. If you have it in you hands you can see clearly the inisde lower pockets, the 6 buttons and the front eyelets for the belt hooks.

Thanks, but its nothing compared with yours and other members KM tunics shown in this thread, I really enjoy reading this thread.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X