Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ships kriegsmarine plaques-help

Hi,

I have just found in Lisbon a set of Kriegsmarine Plaques, apparently belonging from the ships that came to Lisbon Harbour before the War.
    A couple of them are signed on the back.
    Can you please help to identify these PLAQUES...What ships they belonged?The Eagle Plaque belonged to the Deutschland Vessel that was in Lisbon in February 1938.
    Can you help to translate what is written in the back?
    Any idea of the value of these plaques?

It was told to me that these plaques were given to the Germany Community living in Portugal..

Thank you for your help.

best regards
    Luis
    Attached Files

Deutschland vessel

can you help to translate what is written in the back?
    Attached Files

Comment

????..ship???
      Attached Files

Comment

Nnn
        Attached Files

Comment

The Skagerrak plaque is the Admiral Scheer, the one with two sets of three diamonds is the Graf Spee
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your help.
            The other crest I discovered that belonged to the METEOR,as you can see in the photo,the Meteor in Lisbon Harbour.(1937)

Any idea about the value of these crests??
            Attached Files

Comment

These are quite nice pieces.
              There is a small market for these plaques so getting an evaluation of price is kind of difficult.
              These do seem to be period and therefore, could fetch a better price.

I would consider that the Scheer, Deutschland, and Graf Spee would be about 200 Euro a piece; this is what I would consider paying for these. The other plaque, which you are saying might be the Meteor would be 125Euro.

Others will have their opinion on value; hopefully, we will get some results from other members.

Regards,
              JustinG

Comment

Hi,

Thank you Justin, for your great help!

Somebody knows the fate of this ship "The Meteor"??...I have tryed to search what happended to this vessel, in WW2, but I didn't find anything...

Soon in this thread I will insert photos of these ships in the Lisbon Harbour, during their visits, in which were given these crests to the Germany Community living in Portugal.
                In fact these crests belonged to the sons of a German Family that are living in Portugal, for so many decades...

regards
                Luis

Originally posted by JustinG View Post
                These are quite nice pieces.
                There is a small market for these plaques so getting an evaluation of price is kind of difficult.
                These do seem to be period and therefore, could fetch a better price.

I would consider that the Scheer, Deutschland, and Graf Spee would be about 200 Euro a piece; this is what I would consider paying for these. The other plaque, which you are saying might be the Meteor would be 125Euro.

Others will have their opinion on value; hopefully, we will get some results from other members.

Regards,
                JustinG

Comment

Hi,

After some search in the web, apparently I found some info that I presume that belong to this vessel "METEOR".Nevertheless, nothing about his duties in WW2...

«Meteor (I) was constructed in 1925, the first research and survey vessel of that name. Owned by the German navy, it was based in Wilhelmshaven. One of its first expeditions was the German Atlantic Ocean Expedition of 1925-1927, which was organized by the Institute of Marine Research in Berlin. Thereafter, the vessel was used for German physical, chemical, and microbiological marine investigations and for navy surveying and fisheries protection duties. »

Luis

Comment

Originally posted by CIANO View Post
                    After some search in the web, apparently I found some info that I presume that belong to this vessel "METEOR".Nevertheless, nothing about his duties in WW2...
                    Hi Luis,

My father served on the Meteor in 1940 in the Baltic Sea when he was a Leutnant in Marinenachrichten (Navy Communications). At that time the ship served as a floating Headquarters for the B.S.O. (Befehlshaber der Sicherung der Ostsee) under Vice Admiral Mootz. The ship was at various ports in Denmark, and my Dad was a Communications Officer, Watch Officer and also performed some courier duties, flying back and forth in a single engine plane to Berlin and so forth.

You'll see some photos in this thread.

Best regards,
                    ---Norm

Comment

Hi Norm!

Thank you for your help with your information about your father..well at least was not sunk!

Some more photos about the METEOR in the Lisbon Harbour in 1937/1938

The Kommandant Eyseen of the Meteor in Lisbon, 1937.

The Meteor in Lisbon (1938-July)
                      Attached Files

Comment

More Photos of the METEOR

ALL PICTURES FROM 1938 (LISBON-JULY 1938)
                        Attached Files

Comment

AND THE LAST ONE ALSO TAKEN IN JULY 1938

NOW WITH PORTUGUESE JOURNALISTS ON BOARD...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys,

Nice wappen of the Panzerschiffes!! Panzerschiff Admiral Graf Spee, Panzerschiff Admiral Scheer and Panzerschiff Deutschland.

These being original would fetch a nice price from a dealer perhaps of 200 euro, personally too expensive for me. keep your eyes peeled on ebay.de and you'll get them if they come up for much much less, perhaps 50 - 100 euro.

Never the less fine examples!!

Cheers
                            JustinC

Comment

Is that what you paid for your wrappen JustinC?
                              If so, you got a great deal IMHO.

Yes, I was giving probably on the dealer/high end prices for them.

Very interesting photographs; thank you for sharing.

Regards,
                              JustinG

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X