Parade jacket / Affenjäckchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really great jackets you all show us here

I want to buy one too but it,s at the moment not clear if it will be a Colani (pea coat) or such a parade jacket
    I want to make a nice display of a ubat man, highly awarded........both types of jackets have their own character and are great in looking.

When i finally found my way i´ll let you know here, too.

Andjelo,

wish you luck and always enough money in your wallet to realize your display

Comment

Originally posted by Seewolf View Post
      I want to make a nice display of a ubat man, highly awarded........
      For this display I will make a u-boot man with the collani, junior NCO with golden tress. During war the mess jacket was much less used, so for a high decorated man I iwll use the collani.
      Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
      Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
        Hi Eduardo,

One quick question. Have you seen double-link chains like that on the shackle buttons from the top of the jacket? I've only seen single-link chains, not dcubled like that, but then again the ones I've seen were actually made in the Reichsmarine era.

Best regards,
        ---Norm
        Agee with you Norm, these are the cained buttons that you can find on ebay, late war buttons with "starnge" chains. All I have have the single-links chain.
        Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
        Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Originally posted by amiklic1 View Post
          Hi mate, im not too sure about this one as the issued neck piece is supposed to have a diagonal blue line on the main knot.
          As for placing the white shirt onto a mannequin, you need to have or make modifications to a suitable mannequin. The uniforms are very small especially across the shoulders. I created a thread which discussed this,

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=357408
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=287956&page=3

I think you'll find that the neck scarf on eBay without the diagonal blue line is Hitler Youth.

Cheers,
          JustinC
          Last edited by Trance_Eyes; 01-25-2012, 06:48 PM. Reason: Further info

Comment

Ok, great for the info. Thanks for the hint ;-)

Comment

OK; my jacket just came. It's inside the freezer now, trying to secure myself against moth etc. After that I'll give it a propper cleaning at professional and after that it's going to be presented fully.

Still do not know to present it on a mannequin or inside a nice frame. Space is, of course, a big issue here, as well as preservation ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Seewolf View Post
                That is a very nice and honest parade jacket

I was also after it but you beat me in bidding....better luck next time

Let´s keep us posted when you´ve finished your one...must look very good.
                Were you also after this Colani I just won from the same seller? ;-)
                Last edited by amiklic1; 02-01-2012, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Ha ha, no. I only had it on my watchlist to see how high it gets

I wanted a NCO jacket and got what i wanted

I am off the game as i have it now....it´s on the way from the seller to me

...but CONGRATS to that very nice Colani
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ah, congrats for the Affenjcke, it looks great.

As for my collection, I have 3 tunics and one frock coat (Mess Jacke, Collani, White tunic), so I'll focus on equipping those with all insignia and badges I want.

I had a bit wider collection before, and I'm getting rid of everything which is not KM-related.

Btw., this Collani went for 505Eur, and I consider it fair for the named jacket. At least to me :-)

Regards ;-)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X