Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few recent summer bird additions (what else!) to share that I hadnt posted yet.

First up at the right of this picture is a fire gilded brass/tombac version of a common bird (in gold or silver) we usually see in cupal (at left) and sometime in aluminum mounted to KM cloth to be sewn directly on the uniform. Identical to the cupal versions design wise but the finish is very different and the hinge and catch are soldered directly onto the back on the brass/tombac version instead of being mounted on the oval plates we see on the cupal versions

JC
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
      A few recent summer bird additions (what else!) to share that I hadnt posted yet.

First up at the right of this picture is a fire gilded brass/tombac version of a common bird (in gold or silver) we usually see in cupal (at left) and sometime in aluminum mounted to KM cloth to be sewn directly on the uniform. Identical to the cupal versions design wise but the finish is very different and the hinge and catch are soldered directly onto the back on the brass/tombac version instead of being mounted on the oval plates we see on the cupal versions

JC
      FLL perhaps? Similar setup on the FLL Tombak and Cupal Minesweepers. Not conclusive but interesting.

Best regards,
      ---Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
        FLL perhaps? Similar setup on the FLL Tombak and Cupal Minesweepers. Not conclusive but interesting.

Best regards,
        ---Norm
        Very interesting indeed Norm. Specially since you're the second person that links this summer eagle variant to FLL (based on hardware). I'm familiar enough with FLL flight badges to see the similarities of hinges (FLL tombac badges have "?" type catches though not "C" catches) but does the cupal FLL Minesweeper have the pin & catch mounted on oval plates like these cupal eagles do?

Thanks Norm

Best

JC

Comment

Next...Nothing special but I'm happy to have found and share this silver J. C. Maedicke eagle variant with "spear head" brest feathers and massive pin which has eluded me until now and completes my Maedicke set. Below is the whole family: at left the "spear head" gold and silver summer eagles and at right the "diamond shaped" breast feather variants with the flimsier aluminum "wrap around" pin which I beleive to be the earlier variant by this maker.

JC
          That set of Maedicke eagles looks really nice, I only have the "diamond shaped" variant in gold and silver. Great collection of summer KM eagles JC
          Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
          Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Very interesting indeed Norm. Specially since you're the second person that links this summer eagle variant to FLL (based on hardware). I'm familiar enough with FLL flight badges to see the similarities of hinges (FLL tombac badges have "?" type catches though not "C" catches) but does the cupal FLL Minesweeper have the pin & catch mounted on oval plates like these cupal eagles do?

Thanks Norm

Best

JC
            No, the Minesweepers use the "question mark"-shaped catch.

Best regards,
            ---Norm

Comment

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
              That set of Maedicke eagles looks really nice, I only have the "diamond shaped" variant in gold and silver. Great collection of summer KM eagles JC
              Thanks for the compliment Edwardo. Of the 2 Maedicke variants the "diamond shaped" brest feather type is the one I like best too. I really like nice TR eagles in general (Wehrmacht, NSDAP etc ) and these "summer birds" exist in many variants and are still relativey affordable for a small budget collector so I pick them up whenever I get a chance. Attached is a "family picture"of my Heer/KM types so far.

Best regards

JC
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
                No, the Minesweepers use the "question mark"-shaped catch.

Best regards,
                ---Norm
                Thanks Norm

Best

JC

Comment

Would appreciate your opinions on this "bullion" embroidered KM (?) eagle. Is it original and if so would it have been worn on the tunic / on headgear?

Obverse:
                  https://www.dropbox.com/s/8g8l1kkr0i...verse.jpg?dl=0
                  Reverse:
                  https://www.dropbox.com/s/ucp6aoin2i...verse.jpg?dl=0

Thanks!

Comment

original cap eagle

Comment

Originally posted by freddier View Post
                      Would appreciate your opinions on this "bullion" embroidered KM (?) eagle. Is it original and if so would it have been worn on the tunic / on headgear?

Obverse:
                      https://www.dropbox.com/s/8g8l1kkr0i...verse.jpg?dl=0
                      Reverse:
                      https://www.dropbox.com/s/ucp6aoin2i...verse.jpg?dl=0

Thanks!
                      here are the pictures

bullion WAF.jpg

bullion WAF verso.jpg

Comment

Thank you for the feedback!

Comment

Hello,

Here's one of my eagles.
                          What's your opinion?

Thanks!
                          Attached Files

Comment

backside...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Kris, nice EM or junior NCO emblem, used with the peacoat or the parade jacket
                              Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                              Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
                                Kris, nice EM or junior NCO emblem, used with the peacoat or the parade jacket
                                Thanks for the confirmation Eduardo !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X