No announcement yet.

KM Pith Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another KWM like Jean-Claude's fine example.........

Attached Files
    RonR

Comment

'''
      Attached Files
      RonR

Comment

An unmarked example..........

Attached Files
        RonR

Comment

Hey Ron,
          Take a look inside the back of the swaz, it probably has a GB for Brehmer. I think I see the G in the pic.
          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by blutundehre View Post
            Hey Ron,
            Take a look inside the back of the swaz, it probably has a GB for Brehmer. I think I see the G in the pic.
            Dave
            Dave,

You are so right!

Did not notice that before, and now I am the wiser!

Many thanks!

Best regards,
            RonR

Comment

Sure thing Ron, I haven't seen all that many, but the ones I have seen have only had one of those two marks, does anyone else have one marked with a different maker?

BTW Ron, What don't you have in your collection, my word. I don't thing there is anything on the forum that someone can post that you don't already have.
              Is your collection posted somewhere here?

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by RonR View Post
                Another KWM like Jean-Claude's fine example.........

Very cool marked example! Presumably by Karl Wurster, Markneukirchen?

Best regards,
                ---Norm

Comment

Originally posted by blutundehre View Post

BTW Ron, What don't you have in your collection, my word. I don't thing there is anything on the forum that someone can post that you don't already have.
                  Is your collection posted somewhere here?

Dave
                  Dave,

Many thanks for the kind words, and I am a bit sensitive to hi-jacking a thread, but you asked, and it would not be polite if I did not reply.

My main focus over the last 50 years of collecting has been primarily helmets, however, I have accumulated thousands of other TR items in addition as a result of the constant search.

Here is a link to some of the helmets that were part of a discussion a couple of years ago.

The other items are not posted en masse, but as the opportunity arises.

The link......

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=211558&page=3

Best regards,
                  RonR

Comment

Hi Ron,
                    I too am sensitive to hijacking threads, but since I started it feel free to post away. You have an amazing collection of helmets ( understatement) and I have seen many pieces from the rest of your collection and it's a bit overwhelming to think I haven't seen it all. I don't think I could even come close to collecting as many items as you have unless the value and prices of these items tanked and returned to the pricing of the 60's and 70's. My main focus as of this past year have been IAB's in minty condition, but have only acquired 17,2 being black sheep with no finish left and a R. Karneth silver on the way . Here is a pics of the collection so far, it's not much as of yet, but it's getting there. The two NS Junckers are the center pieces in the case

Group shot juncker addition.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
                      Very cool marked example! Presumably by Karl Wurster, Markneukirchen?

Best regards,
                      ---Norm
                      Yes Wurster is correct.

Comment

Hi Ron and Dave, sorry to butt in again

In regards to Ron's beautiful GB marked eagle...

I also notice that its a lot thinner (if you look at edges) than our zink KWM specimens, that the clasp(?) in the back is welded instead of crimped like on the zink examples and that the spots where the finish is missing (or has corroded) on the back are not the colour you would expect from exposed zink which would lead me to beleive the GB is either made of brass, copper or another metal than zink.

Good night gentlemen!

JC

Comment

Ron/Claude very awesome examples, mine just came in with a few other KM pieces from the Guild but i didnt open them, i wrapped it, put a bow on it and right under the tree it went.
                          Just a few more things to open during Xmas.

Comment

Hi Andy,

Thats an idea! But...if I ever tried to pull a stunt like that on the wife and told her Santa got me what I wanted (for a change) I'd probably be wearing the tree for the rest of the Holidays but not "in a nice way"

Have a good one!

JC

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
                              Hi Andy,

Thats an idea! But...if I ever tried to pull a stunt like that on the wife and told her Santa got me what I wanted (for a change) I'd probably be wearing the tree for the rest of the Holidays but not "in a nice way"

Have a good one!

JC

Youre not going to believe this but she was pissed, (not drunk, mad) and said that i was spending money on myself, that she was going to take some of my gifts back, and that she doest like anything under the tree until Christmas eve!!!
                              Holy Hell, i thought that i had one hell of and idea, I told her last night that i am practicing my wrapping, she said BS! What she doesnt know is that i have a KILLER M35 Q64 SD rough painted re-issue coming as well. Anybody have an extra room out there??

Comment

Andy,

Been married for over 38 years and I still love her to death but I'd beleive almost anything when it comes to finding new ways of surviving the explosive mixture of "marital bliss" and this or any other hobby. I also love antiques, books, Harley Davidson motorcycles, tools etc... so I have a bit of experience.

I find the "theory of relativity" works best with my wife. Basically when "Happy" turns into "Grumpy" you just sweep her off her feet with a "big buy" so that she is "relatively" happy again with the smaller purchases for a period afterwards. And then when the volume goes up again... capow: another big buy!

And dont let anybody tell you different: its surprising how quickly one can adapt to a liquid menu and traction. Just dont make things worse for yourself by leaving any blunt instruments (like a "killer" M35) lying around

JC

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X