• Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the Gustloff.
    Attached Files

Comment

Kriegsmarine Cap Tallies - Part 2

Hello folks,
      Because of the great tallies I have decided to post my collection. Don't get excited I only have four so far. I never intended to collect these things then my good friend John Robinson got me started (thank you John).

I like to set up little displays, so I decided to place a tally along side a postcard of the tally in wear.

So here you go.

Regards,
      Jody

First up the common Kriegsmarine tally:
      Attached Files
      Last edited by John R.; 08-08-2009, 09:14 PM.

Comment

KM Tally

Here is the postcard:
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Jody; 04-18-2009, 02:39 PM.

Comment

KM Tally

Here is my 2nd KM tally on a white top (I have to find a postcard for this one):
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Jody; 04-18-2009, 02:43 PM.

Comment

The elusive Paul Jacobi.

Thank you,

I have spotted a tallie that I have been searching for to complete my KM collection. The zerstorer Paul Jacobi. I have a photo album of a sailor assigned to the Paul Jacobi and I was hoping to complete my collection and display for that photo album. I have two tallies from Destroyer Group 5 of which Jacobi was a part of. I am glad that I now have seen that the Jacobi tally does exist.

I would like to complete my collection. If anyone of you has and are willing to sell or can point me in a direction, I would be most grateful.

Thanks, again all for the complements. Nice seeing others as well. KM tallies has been missing from this forum for too long.

Cheers all and regards,
            2dresq907
            Justin

Comment

Thank you for all your words. I´m happy to see that there is an interest in this field of my collection. As some of you said, I prefer the ship named tallys, but the others are very interesting too, of course.
              At the moment I have not these in a display, just fixing in a cardboard plate with needles in the reverse. I´d like displaying but my wife prefer to show her grandmother´s portrait in our livingroom.
              Nice to see this amazing Gustloff white tally. It would be very welcome for its black sister in my humble collection if one day you thought in sell it
              2dresq907: will keep in contact by pm, and thank you again for starting this thread
              Greg

Comment

Originally posted by 2dresq907 View Post
                Thank you,

I have spotted a tallie that I have been searching for to complete my KM collection. The zerstorer Paul Jacobi. I have a photo album of a sailor assigned to the Paul Jacobi and I was hoping to complete my collection and display for that photo album. I have two tallies from Destroyer Group 5 of which Jacobi was a part of. I am glad that I now have seen that the Jacobi tally does exist.

2dresq907
                Justin
                When I read this I knew it rang a bell. These are the three cap tallies in my collection...
                Attached Files

Comment

Great looking Tallies guys.An area of collecting i have not ventured into,YET.

Kevin,here's the Zerstorer Richard Bietzen in wear.

Regards,Martin .
                  Attached Files

Comment

Paul Jacobi

AAAHHHH

Seems like a lot of people have Jacobi tallies.

I will one day get this tally!

If anyone decides that they have one and are willing to part, please keep me first in mind please..

Thanks,
                    2dresq907

Comment

Be quiet. Just be patient. I´ll be watching for one like this for you.

By the way... will nobody say anything about my AVISO GRILLE tally?

Comment

Hi Guys,

Great collection there of Tallies

I have a few myself and having been under the guidance of a few forum members for some time to learn this field. Great to see that everyone has come out of the woodwork now and are showing what they have. Helps me greatly for future reference
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Great News too is I have a Spanish Cross on its way to me so I will be able to put my Parade uniform together on my mannequin soon both pre War (Spanish Civil War) and KM war

Looking forward to it - Yipeee!!!
                            Last edited by Trance_Eyes; 04-13-2009, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Great collection Trance Eyes

Nice lay out for your collection. Looking forward to seeing that Spanish Cross on the uniform.

Congrats.

(Would have screamed if another member posted a Paul Jacobi tally)

Regards,
                              2dresq

Comment

Graf Spee

Originally posted by pantherv View Post

How rare's the Graf Spee.

Peter
                                Yes, I'd love to get a Graf Spee to go with a photo I have, but they don't seem to come up for sale that often. I've seen only one on the market lately which is seemingly priced about 3x what would be a reasonable price (with no takers naturally...)

Also, what IS the best way to display talleys without damaging them in any way? I was hoping to display a few along with other insignia in the same frame that one can open from the front but didn't know how best to arrange them and attach them to the backing safely...

---Norm

P.S. Nice collections in this thread

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X