X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
    Looks brand new to me, I´m afraid.
    Hi Ludwig.....yep, looks like a repro from what I've been told. Would've stood more chance being a full length piece (48-58 inch)

Peter

Comment

Cap Tally

Hello,
      The tally is bad. BTW, I have an identical example, it was purchased in the gift shop on board the HMS Belfast (London, England) in the early 1990's for about five pounds. It was a nice little token, but these were passed off as originals for some time. Incidently they no longer sell them.

Regards,
      Jody

Comment

Originally posted by Jody View Post
        Hello,
        The tally is bad. BTW, I have an identical example, it was purchased in the gift shop on board the HMS Belfast (London, England) in the early 1990's for about five pounds. It was a nice little token, but these were passed off as originals for some time. Incidently they no longer sell them.

Regards,
        Jody
        Cheers Jody...that's exactly the info Gordon Williamson gave me earlier, nice to get some confirmation...

KR....Peter

Comment

This might be the fake Scharnhorst tally, not sure. The main way you can tell the difference is that the one sold in HMS Belfast was of Royal Navy length, in other words, the ends are not even as in the KM tallies. Often, the resellers cut the ends even to get rid of the evidence.

The Belfast tally was 41 inches/103 cms long. This is an important clue to this tally being a fake.

The best advice is to avoid all Scharnhorst tallies that are not cotton (very rare) or gold wire (more common but now also rare) and stay away from this type of reverse stitching material.

John
          Attached Files
          Last edited by John R.; 10-26-2009, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Too bad it was cut.
            best wishes,
            jeff
            Last edited by John R.; 08-09-2009, 02:08 PM.
            Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

To be 100% sure it would be better if you could see this tally pre cut vice cut with nice even ends. John
              Last edited by John R.; 08-08-2009, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Ok John....thanks for the help.

KR..Peter

Comment

Check em out.

Regards.

2dresq
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by John R.; 11-02-2009, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Interesting group of Reichsmarine and Kriegsmarine tallies. All look original. John

Comment

Thank you guy. I like a lot to see another KM tallyribons collector. Sometimes I think I´m alone.
                      Take a look to my collection.
                      Regards
                      Greg
                      Attached Files

Comment

Great collection GregorioTorres

A great collection. Are your tallies vertically displayed? I am working on a display for mine. I think I have a good way picked out. Always interested in how members find ways to affix their awards in their displays.
                        Tallies are easy, but others like pins and trade badgs can be difficult, especially if you are creating a collage of them.

Thanks
                        2dresq907

PS. I sent you a PM Gregorio.

Comment

Both really impressive collections, I've only got the Scharnhorst and the Deutschland but hoping to find the Admiral Scheer and the Gneisenau

How rare's the Graf Spee.

Peter

Comment

Two very nice collections of tallies.

Greg, I get the impression you prefer ship named tallies! Some very desirable and hard to tallies there!

The thing about tallies is that they make a nice display when framed.

Regards
                            Mike
                            Regards
                            Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

KM Tallies

Hello 2dresq,
                              Very nice collection. I have just a couple of them-I wish I had more. You have some really great stuff there.

Greg you have some great ones too. I love the Gustloff tally.

Regards,
                              Jody

Comment

And Gustloff come is white also from my collection. Many of these handlesmarine tallies (merchant marine muetzenbander) come in numerous variations for the same ship. The white tallies were normally known as "gala" or "gift" tallies and given out as presents. John
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X