MilitariaPlaza

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allgemeine SS helmet, your opinion please !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't believe so Samir, it looks like a crappy cross between a Q and ET with a rakish EF look to it. It's nothing close to resembling anything real. The Fat Runes fake you posted is Calgary Flames Pin Up Girl bad as well LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by DougB View Post
      I don't believe so Samir, it looks like a crappy cross between a Q and ET with a rakish EF look to it. It's nothing close to resembling anything real. The Fat Runes fake you posted is Calgary Flames Pin Up Girl bad as well LOL.
      Dayum! B*tch is that ugly??

This is the only reproduction fat rune i'm aware of. They came in a metallic and like pre-aged finish. Had no idea there were more reproduction fat runes out there. interesting!
      Attached Files

Comment

I meant to say the decal on the helmet looks like a cross between a Q/ET/EF. These fat runes fakes you posted are just fugly and not close to the real deal. Yes there's several fake fat runes, none come close.

Comment

The fiber helmet as shown in Kelly's book was made prewar, wartime and postwar. Fibre helmets are a specialty all to themselves. One way to tell is the rivets. The rivets on the fibre helmet in Kelly's book are not postwar rivets like the one you posted Dr.
          Interesting here Darryl says that he only knows two original black SS vulkanfibre helmets - hisown and the other being in the collection of Al Barrows
          pictured in Kelly Hicks "SS Steel" book. But in another post Darryl said that
          his helmet is not painted but made of black fibre, but it seems to me that Barrows' helmet in the book is painted like DDR helmets (note paint loss on the top of the helmet)

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...1&postcount=12
          Originally posted by darryl-P View Post
          Yes I own this black SS vulkanfibre helmet. It is only the second one I know of...the other being in the collection of Al Barrows. His is a slightly higher quality helmet (these were commercially produced private purchase items) and appears in Kelly Hicks' new "SS Steel" reference book.
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...0&postcount=18
          Originally posted by darryl-P
          Ken,

I agree with the others that the helmet you have is post-war and some sort of civil-functionary style. The original pre-war and wartime examples were slightly different and I believe these newer ones were indeed modelled after them.

Here is my Allgemeine-SS vulkanfibre parade example. It has screened vent holes, no tongues for attaching a leather protective flap, a different liner system and an embossed "Robert Lubstein" logo in the leather. Also, the shell itself is molded black fibre...it is not painted black.

Comment

The rivets in the Barrows helmet are prewar, that's the bottom line. The rivets used postwar are open faced like the one Dr S showed.

When you've studied in detail and examined in hand these examples including Darryl's ex-fibre or owned a real fat runes SS and a dearth of others then your qualified to make an ascertion, until then Mr Bnz it's all forum search, speculation and guesswork your drawing a conclusion on. Before you openly criticize a helmet you should know the subject matter.
            Last edited by DougB; 11-13-2012, 09:38 AM.

Comment

The rivets in the Barrows helmet are prewar, that's the bottom line. The rivets used postwar are open faced like the one Dr S showed.

When you've studied in detail and examined in hand these examples including Darryl's ex-fibre or owned a real fat runes SS and a dearth of others then your qualified to make an ascertion, until then Mr Bnz it's all forum search, speculation and guesswork your drawing a conclusion on. Before you openly criticize a helmet you should know the subject matter.
              One can have all original staff handy and study it forever and still know nothing. I have seen entry level fakes in your collection proudly displayed as original. No need to go personal and tell me what I should do or know, let's just discuss the helmet in question.

Here are the same rivets on DDR helmet. Have you ever seen a picture of these fiber helmets in wear by the SS? because I never and I want to learn how they looked like.

Comment

I believe the location of the rivets placement are different on pre and post war ErEl s... Billbert

Comment

I won't discuss something you know nothing about. You can go back and study your humped up panzer wraps bnz. I though you were banned from here like every other forum you participate in because all you know how to do is pick fights with people over nothing you know. So like I said in the other thread you can **** off anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
                    I believe the location of the rivets placement are different on pre and post war ErEl s... Billbert
                    Among other things bnz knows nothing about.

Comment

DougB again turned another thread to a "very nice" discussion with personal remarks and attacks. I don't want to fight or even speak with you - just not worth it.
                      Last edited by A c h t u n g !; 11-13-2012, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by A c h t u n g ! View Post
                        DougB again turned another thread to a "very nice" discussion with personal remarks and attacks. I don't want to fight or even speak with you - just not worth it.
                        If u know u don't get along with a particular member why reply? I understand everyones entitled to their opinion, but to play it smart and avoid conversations with members u don't get along with. I have seen u both in the past going at it n don't u think it's not good for WAF?

Comment

One can have all original staff handy and study it forever and still know nothing. I have seen entry level fakes in your collection proudly displayed as original. No need to go personal and tell me what I should do or know, let's just discuss the helmet in question.

Here are the same rivets on DDR helmet. Have you ever seen a picture of these fiber helmets in wear by the SS? because I never and I want to learn how they looked
                          Here's another weird thing u did. You insult his personal property then u ask him if he's ever seen a period picture of the SS wearing them. What kind of response did u expect? a happy birthday wish?

Comment

First, I did not "insult his personal property", just stated the fact.
                            Secondly, read the thread and ask your self what did he expect from me when he started publiclly evaluating and teaching me what and when I should say?
                            I wanted to talk about the fiber helmets only without going into personal remarks / evaluation. He felt like he can do it to me. Perhaps he could take look at him self first.
                            Lastly, Frankly I got fascinteted by this " fiber helmet" subject as there is just a tiny bit of info on this subject. I spent all night yesterday and all day today browsing the Internet for any info, have found / collected a lot of interesting material and pictures. Sadly I just lost interest to discuss it. This was my last post in this thread.
                            Last edited by A c h t u n g !; 11-13-2012, 12:29 PM.

Comment

First, I did not "insult his personal property", just stated the fact.
                              Secondly, read the thread and ask your self what did he expect from me when he started publiclly evaluating and teaching me what and when I should say?
                              I wanted to talk about the fiber helmets only without going into personal remarks / evaluation. He felt like he can do it to me. Perhaps he could take look at him self first.
                              He has handled n studied these fat rune types, don't u think that's first hand experience?

Of course u insulted him. You clearly stated he has first entry level fakes in his collection, do u have proof such as pics of these so called fakes? I have seen probably his entire collection n don't recall seeing any fakes, but it doesn't matter, an insult is an insult and you want to avoid that. It's not cool or good forum behavior.

Comment

In the future, if u have a problem with a member just contact a moderator, don't retaliate with insults.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X