JR. on WAF - medamilitaria@gmail.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Onore, Fedeltate e Corragio (Italian W-SS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! I always wondered what the short jacket is that's shown in Luca.Crinstini's "La Forze Armate Della RSI" book
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickG; 05-16-2019, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Thanks Nick...yes i know this book !..the tunic is quite similar in style & this it seems was the way uniforms were going in design !
      The Italian war dept must have seen uniforms that the Germans were kitting their men with & of course also their enermys the Brits & Americans too... and on a War footing any material savings would be criticle to the Italian War effort even at the late stage of 1944 for the young RSI goverment !
      Look at these pics of Brigate Nere proposed Summer & Winter uniforms !?...German stalhelms included !...
      Attached Files

Comment

True, and had the RSI lasted longer they would have looked even more German.
        Actualy the post war Italians used short jackets....Italian Carabiniere uniform "modello 1945" is based on the British battle dress uniform,
        but also on the German M44 uniform which is another copy of the British style and as we know the US Ike jacket was also influenced by it...
        Everybody was going to a short jacket!

Here 2 carabinieri early post war wearing German Polizei M44 tunics modified with Italian collar insignia!

The RSI would have looked like this had the war continued!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NickG; 05-16-2019, 12:43 PM.

Comment

I have this green sahariana, its german marked

101944964_243772950406389_7728529470280761425_n.jpg
          102727452_247577613204196_6548609306052686055_n.jpg
          103566042_3002088113231856_3526857138846677005_n.jpg

Comment

Could we see a close up pic of the small Button on the back of the jackets collar please ?

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
              Nice. These have the sahariana style chest pockets...

I would like to see the "German copy"...that closed neck style!
              RSI Model 1944 uniform patterned after the German one.
              I've seen that draws very often in various forums, but I've never been able to know from which book are taken. Did you know which one?
              Very thanks!

Comment

This paper label is total crap
                Lupo.jpg
                "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Originally posted by Raffaello Carola View Post
                  This paper label is total crap
                  Lupo.jpg
                  Oh well ... there you go then !...i like it , & so do many others !...
                  Last edited by Semovente; 08-06-2020, 11:34 AM.

Comment

It is Spanish. Note cuffs and Spanish button in back of neck Somebody dyed it green, added the German looking size stamps and fake tag I'm afraid...
                    Last edited by NickG; 08-06-2020, 02:36 PM.

Comment

It is Spanish. Note cuffs and Spanish button in back of neck Somebody died it green, added the German looking size stamps and fake tag I'm afraid...
                      Agreed 100% Nick .... thats why i asked to see a pic of the button on the tunics collar !...also the size Stamp is too new compared to the rest of the materials wear !!...Semovente

Comment

Originally posted by Semovente View Post

Agreed 100% Nick .... thats why i asked to see a pic of the button on the tunics collar !...also the size Stamp is too new compared to the rest of the materials wear !!...Semovente
                        the stamps in the middle is cheast size ,so 60cm is now way here..........

Comment

Originally posted by HAF View Post

the stamps in the middle is cheast size ,so 60cm is now way here..........
                          + 1...

Comment

It is Spanish. Note cuffs and Spanish button in back of neck Somebody dyed it green, added the German looking size stamps and fake tag I'm afraid...
                            +1

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X