Italian Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian Uniforms

These 3 uniforms will be for sale locally soon and I'd like some info on them . This first one is a Colonels uniform . I'm guessing artillery ? I'd also like to know the value of each.

first 2 pictures
    Attached Files

Comment

details
      Attached Files

Comment

maker label
        Attached Files

Comment

Next uniform Major rank, yellow piped, is that siganls ? Cav ?
          Attached Files

Comment

next
            Attached Files

Comment

insignia
              Attached Files

Comment

Last is LT. rank, has repair, infantry ???
                Attached Files

Comment

has period repair. Can anybody give me values on all three tunics ?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
                    they're M40 gabardine Officer's tunics, nt sought after as the combat wool ones...but they were the basic uniform usually worn by Italian Officers in the field.
                    The First one is Infantry Leutnant of the "Venezia" Brigade.
                    The Second one is Artillery Major.
                    The Third one is an Infantry Colonel of the "Messina" Brigade.
                    As for the value...It's difficult...I'd say the first one 180-200 Euro, the second and third between 250-280 Euro.

Hope it helps.

G.

Comment

grazie tante ! yes that helps a lot, I just no idea of what the value would be

Comment

Originally posted by dagoromagna View Post
                        Hello,
                        they're M40 gabardine Officer's tunics, nt sought after as the combat wool ones...but they were the basic uniform usually worn by Italian Officers in the field.
                        The Second one is Artillery Major.
                        The Third one is an Infantry Colonel of the "Messina" Brigade.
                        As for the value...It's difficult...I'd say the first one 180-200 Euro, the second and third between 250-280 Euro.

Hope it helps.

G.

Correct , but you will see in the USA the dealers usually have big numbers like north of 450 on these sets . In Italy they are a quite common and can be found for the prices described . The reason in my opinion is these service dress Royal Army Officer uniforms had no Fascist stigma attached to them so they weren't destroyed and saved in closets as momentos of time in the service.
                        Italy was very poor after the war and the enlisted wool stuff was worn out and used for work . A lot were destroyed from use in POW camps in Germany and exchanged and destroyed in Allied Camps also.

MVSN and RSI uniforms were usually disposed of by the owners due to the fact that Italy was virtually fighting a Civil war in the north 43-45 .

Actually more Fascist items survived in the south as it was occupied by the Allies without the stigma of brother against brother. You can still find streets in the south bearing Mussolini's name ....never in the north .

Sorry I digressed

Comment

Yes i agree with Dennis ..you will see various prices for these type of tunic such as silly money on fleabay etc ..but hunt around and bargins can be found as i have found !...paying as little as £50...to £ 150 here in Britain...mainly due to Italian kit not been collected so much here unlike its German counterpart !...i think that these M40s can be just as interesting as any other items to be found and as said for a moderate outlay...car'nt be bad in my book !....Semovente

Comment

Hello,
                            they're M40 gabardine Officer's tunics, nt sought after as the combat wool ones...
                            Well, it depends on the unit. For instance an Acqui division m40 jacket is rather sought after. Same for MVSN jackets.

Comment

What is the red, white and yellow ribbon on this one?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X