No announcement yet.

M33 Helmet 4 ventilation holes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What light up my curiosity is the fact that I never seen UNPA helmets with this kind of mixtured painting and considering the provenance, a barn find in northern Italy (Garda lake area according to what said by the ex owner) give to me the interest to know more about these kind of helmets !

Many thanks to all!

Comment

!

Normally this type of helmet has the smooth paint , and this ' rough ?
      Very interesting!

www.gardamilitaria.com

Comment

Originally posted by ILVEROMILITE View Post
        Normally this type of helmet has the smooth paint , and this ' rough ?
        Very interesting!

www.gardamilitaria.com
        I totally agree with you! Having on the hand seems really like a zimmerit finish!

Comment

Weren't helmets like this one a helmet used during RSI?

Comment

Very interesting rough camo paint, maybe inspired by German camo paint with cement (not zimerit, this was only for tanks and way thicker than helmet camo!).
            During RSI period they issued whatever m33 helmet was available to troops and so also the non balistic helmets that were used in the REI period only for second line units, UNPA, PAA and fire police.

Comment

Originally posted by tankredi View Post
              Very interesting rough camo paint, maybe inspired by German camo paint with cement (not zimerit, this was only for tanks and way thicker than helmet camo!).
              During RSI period they issued whatever m33 helmet was available to troops and so also the non balistic helmets that were used in the REI period only for second line units, UNPA, PAA and fire police.
              Thanks for your post.
              Yes, camo finish is quite heavy and not thick
              According to the provenance area,would it be any possibility that we are in front of an helmet used by RSI? But what about the chinstrap?!

Comment

Originally posted by Tora_Tora_Tora! View Post
                According to the provenance area,would it be any possibility that we are in front of an helmet used by RSI? But what about the chinstrap?!
                Yes this is possible.

Could you post some picture of the fixation of the strap to the bails?

Comment

Originally posted by tankredi View Post
                  Yes this is possible.

Could you post some picture of the fixation of the strap to the bails?
                  Strap is not fixed to the bails,but all works around the two clips!
                  It is like a slipping strap. . . . hope I was been able to explain!😢

Comment

The webbing and buckles of the chinstrap look like something from a piece US military equipment to me.

Steve
                    Last edited by Steve Sherlock; 04-26-2015, 08:48 PM.
                    ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Comment

Very interesting iralian helmet, very nice paint the same german helmet. .maybe really used from RSI.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Sherlock View Post
                        The webbing and buckles of the chinstrap look like something from a piece US military equipment to me.

Steve
                        I agree, looks like a late war or postwar Us Army webbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironcrown View Post
                          I agree, looks like a late war or postwar Us Army webbing.
                          This theory should be absolutely suitable due helmet comes from US and the chinstrap wear doesn't fit with the overall conditions of the helmet!
                          Maybe placed by the ex owner?

Comment

Very nice combat finish helmet!!! Never seen with the 4 holes configuration due are always with smooth paint!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tora_Tora_Tora! View Post
                              Maybe placed by the ex owner?
                              I think so!

Comment

Better strap aprticular, here you can see the exact shape of it.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                                X