Attached Files

Comment

k
        Attached Files

Comment

y
          Attached Files

Comment

This one i found whilst having a quick google is different than Craigs and is more like my type of stripes ,rgds Dave
            Attached Files

Comment

This one pictured with Craigs also appears different from both mine and Craigs as the insignia appears to be solid on one side , also heres another type aswell, rgds Dave
              Attached Files

Comment

c
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sscrooge View Post
                  This one pictured with Craigs also appears different from both mine and Craigs as the insignia appears to be solid on one side , also heres another type aswell, rgds Dave
                  I think this effect may depend on the photo. As far as I remember from other pics of the same event, the rank was normally striped in black. Moreover the fez seems to be too "hairy" if compared to all the others I've seen (seems like ussars one) and the red "rope" is of unusual material. Difficult to give an opinion but, personally, I'd pass. Too many questions. Can be a Frankenstein? I don't know.
                  Francesco

Comment

Angles can be funny in photos, but other photos from the event pictured above confirmed that my fez was the one that is pictured worn by Mussolini. Mine came out of the West Point museum, having been loaned to the museum by the family from whom I bought it. It was taken from Mussolini's bedroom at the end of the war - quite a neat story - it is a great hat with great provenance. This hat you are displaying seems original, but it is not one of Mussolini's hats for various reasons. The best guy for Italian militaria is Neil Hardin of Wolfe and Hardin, who can tell you exactly what you have (I'm in no way an expert in Italian hats - I just got lucky and scored the "Top Hat" so to speak).
                    Attached Files

Comment

That photo above is of the daughter opening the Fez out of the "Raider of the Lost Ark" type box that West Point sent it back in (I was there for the opening).
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here is me and the daughter, after we unpacked all of the goods.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Anyway, I don't mean to hijack this thread. Back to the hat at hand, it seems like a lower level officer Fez of some sort, or maybe a higher level one, and certainly not worthless.

Comment

?

Why no smile Craig? C'mon Mussolini's Fez should be a reason to smile. Any pics of you wearing the Duce's Fez?

Comment

I think that's the "Deer in the Headlights" stare. The SLEEPLESS dear in the headlights stare, in fact. My photos of the Fez in wear are NC-17 so I can't post!

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Gottlieb View Post
                                Here is me and the daughter, after we unpacked all of the goods.
                                Oh God...
                                Where is that stuff now?

Cheers,
                                Andrea..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X