black fur fez

Hi guys can anybody tell me any info on this fez , cheers Dave
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Mussolini fez

Comment

Dear Sir,

Please be advised that the fez pictured is not at all correct in ANY WAY.
        The correct fez of this pattern - First Honor Corporal of the MVSN, a rank only held by the Duce, has very significant particulars that few people would know unless you have seen and held and inspected the original. The ORIGINAL
        Fez is in a private collection in the U.S.A. with all proper documentation.

Comment

Hi, thank you for the replies guys, the guy i am getting it from said it was brought back by his relative , so is it 100% wrong ? cheers Dave
          Attached Files
          Last edited by sscrooge; 04-14-2010, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Pasqueralle View Post
            Dear Sir,

Please be advised that the fez pictured is not at all correct in ANY WAY.
            The correct fez of this pattern - First Honor Corporal of the MVSN, a rank only held by the Duce, has very significant particulars that few people would know unless you have seen and held and inspected the original.
            I agree. The quality of this fez doesn't seam at "proper level". I can admit that Mussolini may have more than one single fez, but the standard quality should be much higher. Moreover we must consider that do exist some high rank hat that are original, since they are made during ww2, but never worn by anyone since they were only for display purposes in military articles shop, to show their good quality manufacturing.
            Francesco

Comment

Hi, thanks again for the help on thisthe seller just described this as a blackshirt fez, i know zilch on these but i also agree after searching google it appears he wore a few different hats so didnt own just the one fez, has anybody any pics of any other of his fezzes so we can see the quality of them ? is it possible that pre war mid war or late war quality may be different ?sorry for asking all these questions but just want to make sure, thanks again for everybodys help rgds Dave

Comment

Here's one, that appears to be in much higher quality, perhaps you should contact Craig about it?

http://www.craiggottlieb.com/data/in...inis+Honor+Fez
                Last edited by Jon-Olav Holden; 04-15-2010, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the link i just spoke to seller ,he said its 100%genuine and was brought back by an uncle of his from italy after the war ended, hes giving me a money back guarantee if im not happy with it, rgds Dave

Comment

Fez

Dave,

If you can get your money back if not happy that is all the matters. I'm just happy that the seller wasn't telling you it was the Duce's personal fez.
                    Getting the your questions about mid war late war quality this type of item never had a loss in quality italian's were known for it. He did in fact have three different style of caps how many of each I couldn't speak for, I have handled one an I can assure the quality is quite amazing.

Comment

Well the incompetent royal mail strike again, sent to me special delivery and tracked and yet still they lose it,, apparently if nobody scans it into system then by magic its gone into the black hole, i still have my fingers crossed but been missing now 6 days

Comment

well after being lost in transit it appeared today , heres a few pics, it does appear to have had insignia on the front ,and it has age, rgds Dave
                        Attached Files

Comment

jj
                          Attached Files

Comment

Whilst speaking to seller over the phone he told me his uncle brought this back from italy whilst there with the raf,
                            Attached Files

Comment

t
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X