X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the chinstrap sistem
    Attached Files
    "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Attached Files
      "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Originally posted by Luca Ongaro View Post
        1) Personally I follow with interest Marzetti’s opinions because has really a big knowledge on RSI helmets, specially FJ.
        Mr Marzetti, thanks to share those photos from your archive and explain your point of view, is always appreciate from me and many others to learn more.
        The M42 from West Point Military Museum and the M41 of the last photo posted have the same rivets, look at those, I would say more than 0,1%.

2) Maybe any faker you know who speak english can explain why that paint is fake and with all respect due to American or English collectors, this is an Italian helm, and you know that Italian paint was totally different from the german one.

Luca
        Dear Luca,
        Paolo don't say that this helmet is an original RSI period helmet.If he support this opinion, he can stop to collect italian helmets.
        If an helmet is a museum's property don't means that is original.
        Sincerely I think that is a fake.
        Please stop to write stupid frase as "faker you know"....If you are happy to collect crap....Please don't write me any more messages asking help to judge helmets. I judge your words as offensive.

The paint during the RSI period is the same of the Germans my friend
        A fake german camo helmet is similar to a fake italian camo helmet...

Comment

another of liner
          Attached Files

Comment

Raffaello,
            thanks to showing us this nice example!

Stefano

Comment

Nice postwar piece Raffaello!Really useful in this thread.
              @Well Stefano, I've not to convince you nor you have to convince me !
              But you don't answer why an M.41 para helmet in a so clear and plain
              photo of 1941, bears a domed vent rivet that should not exist according
              to a well known school!
              Faked the helmets at the West Point Military Museum ? Well, I hope you'll
              have at least once the opportunity to see them there, and look also when
              theM.42 para helmet has been collected there...!Every item is listed with the date of charge, the place where it has been found, etc.No problem.
              However I'd be pleased also to know why the camo paint should
              be a fake, just to help me and other collectors...

As a moderator,I invite in general to be quite in this thread and in all the threads in this section. I think no man wants to offend other people dealing with an helmet. Any idea expressed here is not the Holy Bible or the Coran,so it is fair to show every kind of impression with the intent to help, not to destroy, if possible with well documented proof. Thanks. PaoloM

Comment

The M41 helmet in the "period" coloured photo...has standards rivets for me.
                But I repeat: USUALLY I don't judge helmets from black and white coloured photos.

The helmet of West point military museum appears to me as a big Disneyana helmet.If you can provide better photos, I am always ready to change my opinion

IMO the camo paint of the discussed helmet is artificially aged....If you have good feelings with it...Ask to the owner if he sell it to you....It's a rare camo para, don't loose the opportunity to get it!!

Comment

Originally posted by flashider View Post
                  The M41 helmet in the "period" coloured photo...has standards rivets for me.
                  But I repeat: USUALLY I don't judge helmets from black and white coloured photos.

The helmet of West point military museum appears to me as a big Disneyana helmet.If you can provide better photos, I am always ready to change my opinion

IMO the camo paint of the discussed helmet is artificially aged....If you have good feelings with it...Ask to the owner if he sell it to you....It's a rare camo para, don't loose the opportunity to get it!!

Cheers, PaoloM

Comment

Originally posted by Paolo Marzetti View Post
                    Cheers, PaoloM
                    I have been quiet for a while and watched carefully what was going on. Somebody seems to like/dislike this helmet more than others. As Paolo M. was saying this is a nice venue where to exchange opinions and offenses must be avoided at all costs.
                    I hope not to be offensive but Paolo M. reputation and knowledge is well known amongst the collectors community and I am certainly more confident in relying on his opinion rather than the one of somebody I dont know. Challenging the opinion of such a fine collector and expert means either being very knowledgeable or arrogant. Also saying that the West Point Museum is full of MikeyMouse memorabilia is an interesting statement.
                    After all I believe that now everybody can make up his mind on this and come to certain conclusions...

Paolo

Lastly, I was forgetting to say that saying that Italian and German paint was the same and that the same camo schemes were used by both is self-explanatory of a certain level of knowledge...Just my two cents

Comment

For your files Paolo !That's a a well known photo of two Italian RSI paratroops
                      of the Nembo Bn with their helmets bearing two not crowned stencils on their
                      M.42s. The WPM obtained that from a 3rd US Div Officer, on April 3 1947, back from the Anzio/Nettuno area. Look on the right side a smaller badge and on the left side a larger one.Cheers, PaoloM
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Paolo Marzetti; 06-13-2008, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paolo Marzetti View Post
                        As a moderator,I invite in general to be quite in this thread and in all the threads in this section. I think no man wants to offend other people dealing with an helmet. Any idea expressed here is not the Holy Bible or the Coran,so it is fair to show every kind of impression with the intent to help, not to destroy, if possible with well documented proof. Thanks. PaoloM
                        well done Paolo we have the "passion" of collectors with arguments!
                        unfortunately the opinions about this helmet are controversial but we have
                        the same opinion of an refurbished helmet and this is not an good sign for
                        an untouched helmet , this discussion born on e-stand because is an real
                        good idea (before to sell) ask opinions in the WAF community.
                        cheers, Raffaello

Comment

Originally posted by Raffaello Carola View Post
                          cheers, Raffaello
                          I agree

Comment

The insigna of the Mikey's helmet appear to be greater...Not sure if the same
                            Don't be in bad feelings with me

Comment

Originally posted by Raffaello Carola View Post
                              well done Paolo we have the "passion" of collectors with arguments!
                              cheers, Raffaello
                              Raffaello that opinions are different is a fact.
                              I managed it and personally I am not totally convinced the nose guard is replaced or not original, look at the different pictures from mine and those posted by Paolo.
                              For me is enought, interesting thread, thanks all
                              Luca
                              Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Last question Stefano, do you consider this a Disneyland fake liner?
                                Luca
                                Attached Files
                                Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X