Camo Italian M-33 Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camo Italian M-33 Helmet

One of my favorite helmets though I don't know a lot about it.
    I purchased this helmet about 20 years ago at an estate sale. Doing a bit of research I found the original owner did serve in the Army in North Africa up through Italy during World War II. I do not know (and the vet was long since gone before the sale) if this was something he brought back, was given to him, or he picked up some where else along the way. The little bit that I know about Italian helmets is that most features are World War II period but please correct me if I'm wrong.

The outside has an interesting pattern of olive drab and tan over the original green. The finish is probably about 70% complete at this point. The overall effect is very subtle.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Overall inside shot.
        Attached Files

Comment

Size 55
          Attached Files

Comment

The makers stamp.
            Attached Files

Comment

Handwritten name in the liner.

Also, stamped in the shell on the inside of the back of the brim is P 103
              and stamped on one of the chinstrap brackets is AT/4.

Is this a World War II era M-33 and if so, what theater was it most likely from? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Eric
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Yes, it is an original Italian WW2 Helmet Period.
                Regarding the painture IMO looks good.
                Anyway let us to know the Paolo's opinion...

cheers

Comment

Wonderful and very very rare helmet!
                  compliments.
                  Regards, Luca.

Comment

Good indeed.But strange the double shades of colour.Bye, PaoloM

Comment

Thank you very much guys! I'm glad I have something a little unusual.
                      Does anyone have an idea of where this was worn or picked up? Would it have been in North Africa or were camo helmets encountered in Italy?

eric

Comment

Very nice lid!!I would also hazard to say that maybe it has been used during the spanish war....

Comment

I never thought of Spanish Civil War. Italian helmets are pretty far out of my area of knowledge

By any chance can anyone read the read the name in the liner?

eric

Comment

Originally posted by Tora_Tora_Tora! View Post
                            Very nice lid!!I would also hazard to say that maybe it has been used during the spanish war....
                            Original for sure! I too thought to the SCW looking at the left side of the helmet
                            with a dark brown paint typical of the helmets of that theatre, but also to the
                            North African campaign looking at the right side of the helmet with that typical
                            khaki tan colour! We'll probably never know this,unless we don't know how it
                            arrived to Blinky.
                            Cheers, PaoloM

Comment

Well, this makes me very happy! I'm glad I could share it with you guys and appreciate the information. I've been looking for an Infantry marked helmet and it turns out I've got something a bit neater sitting on my shelf all along.

eric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X