This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paolo Marzetti View Post
    The very first camo has been issued on 1929 only as square individual poncho, and issued in the '30s and '40s for all the Italian armed forces.The forerunner of the Italian poncho has been a not camouflaged version (near a sand colour), used before 1929 but (rarely) issued also in the WWII period mainly in Africa.Considering
    more ponchos could be used to build field tents, some camo ponchos without openings have been issued only for this purpose.(exact period not known but I thinkat the end of the 30's).
    The M.1929 camo cloth, has nothing to do with the 1941/42 camo para jump smocks: these were made with perspirable 2-colours on grey background cloth, while the 1929 cloth was basically only hidro-repellent 3-colours on reddish reverse.Never seen Italian para smocks made prior to 1941/42.During the RSI period, some para jump smocks have been however made with the 1929 hidro-repellent not perspirable camo cloth.PaoloM
    Great info.
    Thanks for posting.

owen

Comment

The M.1929 camo cloth, has nothing to do with the 1941/42 camo para jump smocks: these were made with perspirable 2-colours on grey background cloth
      I take it this is the para camo cloth?
      Attached Files

Comment

I think your 'zeltbahn' has been made with typical San Marco WWII camo cloth.
        Below a specimen of the 80's with typical similar design.Both are not perspirable
        but only waterproof.They've nothing to do with the design of the camo of the
        para smock.Look that by yourself !PaoloM
        Attached Files

Comment

Paratroops of the Royal army in training;in the second pic, almost surely the guy is of the X° Rgt Arditi,before a mission.:PaoloM
          Attached Files

Comment

A Royal Army paratrooper of the FOLGORE Div. with summer uniform and o/s bustina before leaving for Africa.
            and Royal Army paratrooper,probably of the NEMBO Div. with issue winter uniform.This paratrooper was a former member of the FOLGORE Div. in Africa.
            PaoloM
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Paolo Marzetti; 12-16-2016, 03:43 AM.

Comment

RSI paratroops of the AZZURRO Bn in their grey blue uniforms.(Tradate(Va) 1944)Look the ANR badge on a steel helmet.PaoloM
              Attached Files

Comment

In my opinion is the same fabric used to manufacture the jump suit of the paratroopers of the Royal Italian Army, the background color is sand-jalb and not green, and the fabric seems so thin, and not waterproof, just like the one to make the jump suit.

Comment

I think your 'zeltbahn' has been made with typical San Marco WWII camo cloth.
                  Below a specimen of the 80's with typical similar design.Both are not perspirable
                  but only waterproof.They've nothing to do with the design of the camo of the
                  para smock.Look that by yourself !PaoloM
                  if its not the same camo (what I doubt) I wonder why its sold for over 500,-EUR...
                  Last edited by Gran Sasso; 01-15-2016, 12:27 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

OK, different opinions!But I think we're talking of two different things according to the photos.PaoloM.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Paolo Marzetti; 01-15-2016, 12:07 PM.

Comment

NP paras of the San Marco Regt, Royal Navy. They wear the M.41 helmet an the
                      Samurai ammo vest.PaoloM
                      Attached Files

Comment

. Courtesy IWM
                        Attached Files

Comment

No, they never wore winter M41s tunics with exposed buttons, in fact the para tunic had concealed buttons. Those winter M41s with exposed buttons were issued to naval paratroops, or X^ or NPs.
                          The summer ones, with exposed buttons, have been widely used by all the
                          paras.PaoloM
                          Paolo..are there any pics of these winter M41 tunics with the buttons showing on these Naval para tunics ??...Semovente

Comment

Originally posted by Semovente View Post
                            Paolo..are there any pics of these winter M41 tunics with the buttons showing on these Naval para tunics ??...Semovente
                            Yes, of course!We've to remember however that these tunics were used also from not para units of the Royal Navy and from RSI naval units as X^Mas.PaoloM
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Paolo Marzetti; 03-17-2016, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

But, sometimes, lacking the M41 tunics with not concealed buttons, they used
                                what they found, i.e. the M.41 Army paras ones. Exception that confirms the rule.
                                PaoloM
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X