No announcement yet.

Breda 30 update !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1a (1).jpeg we can see from this contempory wartime postcard that the Italian paras used a drop container for their Hmg/Lmgs !!.....the para centre left of course carries his Breda 30 into action !

Comment

More interesting War time Breda 30 shots . A great view of that elusive spare barrel box in the bush land of East Africa !images (5).jpeg
      Attached Files

Comment

images (9).jpeg images (11).jpeg a pair of interesting pics the one i think from the uniform is possible RSI period , APAR or Decima .mas ?
        while the other shows a spectactular burst of fire at night from the Bredas barrel !

Comment

Here we see a pic again in the East African bush no doubt in Ethiopia of a Breda gun team in action !images (13).jpeg

Comment

A very interesting document that shows not just the ammo boxes , but the spare barrel back pack with the retaining devices to take the two spare barrels ! It carried a number of tools & cleaning items to maintain the Breda 30 , but also the document shows the two Magazine pouches including the one discussed earlier posted with the sloping bottom to its case in which it differs from the other case as it is thought to take the charger clips only & not the magazine as the other pouch clearly does !IMG.jpg

Comment

More detail IMG-1.jpg image_4693693.jpg

Comment

Two photographs showing the Breda 30 valise in use. I’ve seen other photos in more detail but generally they were used by infantry units.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Larusso thats excellent ...
                  so a least we now know that these valaise bags are something that was issued to regular front line troops !
                  what do you think about the great document i found showing your mystery pouch with the other Breda 30 kit..so i would guess from this evidence it is as you said , its for taking spare Breda 30 charger clips of ammo , to quickly load the lmg such as on a motorbike ! ...i think it looks like one of those pouches on the bike by the riders gloved hand resting on the attached cases that he has on the back of his Motorguzzi !!104074438_696789317778785_3592736126944534142_n.png.jpg

Comment

Some more Breda 30 pics from Russia & Alpine french front ! download (25).jpeg download (16).jpeg download (15).jpeg download.jpeg

Comment

A good Collector friend sent me these very interesting pics of the early form of the Breda the M28 or M29 , there are some differences to this model from the later M30s , a main one been the hand grip & trigger guard are straight and not angled forward as on the M30s , but the main feature of the oil pump for round feed & extraction remain through out ! improvedbreda7[1].jpg improvedbreda2[1].jpg

Comment

Some more good action shots of the Breda 30 in front line use by Italian troops ! images (3).jpeg download (26)-1.jpg download (27)-1.jpg

Comment

great topic!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mufasa View Post
                            great topic!!!
                            Ciao Mufasa .......iam glad you like it my friend...

Comment

Some interesting photos of the download (27).jpeg download (31).jpegBreda 30 in use in Albania

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X