Breda 30 update !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breda 30 update !

Well Gents a little update since i found my Breda 30 magazine !..& Kanister said ...all i needed was the rest of it !....well here we have my R.E. 6.5 mm Breda M30 , Rome factory made in 1936 .....
    Last edited by Semovente; 09-03-2020, 06:37 PM.

found this nice pic of fascist Militia with their Breda 30 in the field ! wwii-italian-machine-gun-crew-historic-image.jpg

Comment

Some more detail pics showing top cover with oiler for 6.5mm rounds , adjustable rear sight , folding bipod legs & flash hider on barrel ! , the butt has fold out flap to aid the gunner in taking the Bredas weight ! 20200627_115333.jpg 20200627_115110.jpg 20200627_115503.jpg 20200627_115142.jpg 20200627_115228.jpg 20200627_115011.jpg 20200627_115042.jpg 20200627_115713.jpg

Comment

Nice photo showin a Breda 30 lmg mounted for use on a motorcycle ! download (10).jpeg

Comment

Very nice
          My was built in 1943/44
          Attached Files

Comment

Very nice! A seldom seen gun. Thanks for sharing!
            Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff V View Post
              Very nice! A seldom seen gun. Thanks for sharing!
              Thanks both for your comments ...
              well Jeff yes not many about as you say ! , only 30,000 produced from what ive read !.. the chap i had this one from said that he thought it might be the only one in Britain outside of Italy/US ..??...but yes a rare beast , Gil your Breda is interesting as it falls into two camps pre 43 & of course RSI era , do you have the carring strap on yours ?.....Semovente

Comment

No. My is in not good condition; it was found buried, surely hidden by partisans.

Comment

Originally posted by Gil View Post
                  No. My is in not good condition; it was found buried, surely hidden by partisans.
                  Wow ! , very interesting Gil ..was that found near to were you live ?

Comment

It was found near Ravenna (Senio battle), If I remember right in 2000 or 2001 year (in those years I lived there).

Comment

Originally posted by Gil View Post
                      It was found near Ravenna (Senio battle), If I remember right in 2000 or 2001 year (in those years I lived there).
                      That must have been well cool , diggin something like that up !..was it buried deep or ?

Comment

download (4).jpeg Here we see good shots of the Breda in use by Italian troops download (9).jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by Semovente View Post
                          ... , only 30,000 produced from what ive read !..
                          On september 1939, after two wars (Aethiopia ans Spain) there were 28.462 Breda 30 on charge on the Royal Army. Many other were produced after that date.
                          Have you noticed that the one of Gil has the serial 85691 on the year 1943?
                          Are you sure of the ammount of 30.000 produced?

Comment

Sorry for the mistake; mine was naturally built between October 28, 1942 and July 25, 1943.

Comment

Originally posted by kanister View Post

On september 1939, after two wars (Aethiopia ans Spain) there were 28.462 Breda 30 on charge on the Royal Army. Many other were produced after that date.
                              Have you noticed that the one of Gil has the serial 85691 on the year 1943?
                              Are you sure of the ammount of 30.000 produced?
                              Kanister , i must admit when i had seen Gils serial number i was puzzled !!...but iam sure i either read or heard it said !?...however i will double check my references to see were it came from !..maybe ive missed a naught of the number !..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X