X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pawel is LEGENDARY.

Don

Comment

Oh is he? Do I even wanna know???... Actually... Hes probably the one who made a post on Craigslist for a SS helmet for like $800 that looked mint, which was obvious enough a scam!

Comment

maybe someone should make appointment to buy this jacket and beat the living **** out of pawel when he shows up lol

Comment

Here is the active listing- someone can have some fun with it.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/c...535367561.html

Comment

OH my... good old Pawel strikes again...

Comment

I put a little Update on him here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...08#post8133508

Still very very active....
              WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Burman2025

I also am new to collecting, albeit not as young as you, and I can say this forum is priceless! I have been saved a few times and also unfortunately realized I had some fake stuff! I wasn’t always smart enough to post before I bought, like you did!

Check out the sponsored vendors part of this forum and just spend time looking at stuff. Also whatever you interest (Luftwaffe, Heer, or whatever) spend some time on this forum learning about that subject. When I did that I was able to see a lot of good stuff and also some not so good stuff. And now I can pick out the good and the bad (sometimes!!). But it’s a forever learning process and if you stick with the forums and listen to the veterans here you will come out on the right side of things.

On a side note, I ran into a lot of dealers and other people who kind of looked down on this forum. But I started to notice those are the people who mostly have been called out on it. Most legit dealers or sellers should have no problem letting you post their stuff online for peer review.

Good luck man,

Dave C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TWS View Post
                  Makes me curious who the seller is who is trying to foist this fake garbage on a 17 year-old.

Good thing you had the sense to post it here.

I was collecting at 14. Way before the Internet. Luckily I had a couple great mentors who educated me and steered me in the right direction on stuff.
                  Scammers have no scruples when selling their trash. A kid's money is as good as an adult's. I've been collecting since I was 13 (bought an WWI EKII), and have had numerous good influences in my collecting history. I even ran into one of them at the SOS this year after not seeing him in at least a decade (and we're all the way from WA State!).

Save for a nice one from here, you get an unconditional guarantee through the forum. For your first one, don't risk it on crappy photos and "Pawel's" garbage.

It will take a little while to save for a good example, but when you get it, you will be able to examine it for the proper markings, construction techniques etc. Even if it has been "restored"...holding the tunic in hand will be good experience for you. Save up and buy a plane ticket to Pittsburgh this September and hit up the MAX even.

It took me a few years of collecting to transition into uniforms. It takes money and experience. If you don't have the experience, it will take you a lot more money until you get the experience. As I said above, if you go to the MAX or SOS, you will be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of quality and variety. I went to the SOS last year for the first time...after collecting for 18 years. It was a big step, but I went to the SOS this year as well and the MAX in 2016.

Don't be in a rush. Stay away from stuff unless you can verify the source. Here on WA, (most) everyone has good intentions and there is a huge community to call BS when something stinks on the eStand. Look at the tunics, helmets, etc on the eStand to see how things are put together.

Good luck, and ask questions! Its a whole lot cheaper to learn from questions than by forking your money over to people with dubious goods.

Comment

Glad you came here first and didn't get jammed. The folks here are very astute and will help you gain the knowledge you need to make an informed purchase.

Comment

Thanks for everything guys!! you guys are amazing and thanks for helping me out, Ill make sure to stay far away from anyone named pawel next time How hasn't he been arrested or something for his scamming though?

Im currently purchasing some more reference sources to help me out and if anyone has any they recommend let me know. I'll be saving up to get an original Uniform sometime in the near future this time from a reputable dealer! I'll try to go to some more shows in the near future as well and the collecting will go on

Comment

Originally posted by Burman2025 View Post
                        ....... from a reputable dealer!.......
                        When you find that elusive beast, please I would love to see him.J

Comment

Just search Pawel Nowak on this forum and you will learn very fast about him.

Stay away from him, run as fast as you can

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X