Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - German Uniform

Hello
    I need help on this Uniform, I'm interested in buying it. The guy wants $620 For it which is cheap compared to other uniforms... Im a young collector probably the youngest on the forums at 17 years old and I do my best to educate myself on this area of collecting cause I have many other hobbies. Anyway I'm looking for any information on this Uniform, if anything could be re-sewn, what model? Has it been re-taylored, how original is it? And is it worth it for the price? Sorry I've asked alot, I just at the moment know the basic information on German tunics and that. These pictures have been provided to me by the seller

Many regards

Brayden
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Stay away from it!!! Fake collar tabs, fake eagle, Reapplied tress, civilian button hole device as a ribbon bar. Maybe not even a real tunic. Crappy photos. Stay away from it. IMHO!!

Fred

Comment

I can only agree. On that Tunic is nothing real. Safe up your Money and then get something from a good Source where you know he will not rob your Money out of the Pocket. I hate these Idiots, try to sell there crap, then comes a new Collector where we anyway have less and less in our Hobby and he then spent his Money on a Fake like this and when he later on discovers it is Fake he may have enough of the hole Hobby....write the Seller a Email and tell him he should keep the Tunic for the next Winter...it will be cold again and that Crap burns fine....
        WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

It is an old, converted NVA tunic, pimped up with crappy insignia.

Comment

You are being set up big time. Total crap. Good on you for posting here before you buy. J

Comment

Perhaps the only interesting item is the document which states there is no medical objection to the transferring of the corpse of Uffz. Krieg to Mechterstedt. It would have no real monetary value however.

Comment

Makes me curious who the seller is who is trying to foist this fake garbage on a 17 year-old.

Good thing you had the sense to post it here.

I was collecting at 14. Way before the Internet. Luckily I had a couple great mentors who educated me and steered me in the right direction on stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                  Perhaps the only interesting item is the document which states there is no medical objection to the transferring of the corpse of Uffz. Krieg to Mechterstedt.
                  I saw that. I have the visor cap of a Luftwaffe Gefr. who was a member of the Jagdgeschwader at Mannheim-Sandhofen. Luckily his name wasn't Krieg.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know!! I Will stay far away from this tunic. Its advertised on Craigslist in the Chicago area, and unfortunately The Rockford, Illinois area isnt a hotspot for finding militaria, they only have the Midway Village world war 2 reenactment and I found that they had a lot of repro stuff for the reenacters and the original stuff they have marked way up!! Many of the vendors also treated me pretty poorly seeings when I went a few years back I was just a "kid"... So over the years I've been going to the Iola Wis. Military show and swap meet but last year they cancled it for good and moved the show 70 more miles north... So I'm stuck with searching online to find pieces to put into the collection but unfortunately so many fakes have flooded the market its becoming so hard to find originals and tell them apart from the fakes... But I started collecting at 7 years old and have been going ever since and teaching myself. However I've been working on a ww2 German infantryman display and I still need a tunic and some field gear to get close to finishing it!! I'll try to post some photos if y'all want, maybe you guys could help me!! The only problem is the cost of a lot of things seeing I dont have much money to spare Thats why I was interested in this tunic, glad I checked it out first

A Big thankyou to everyone on this forum though!! you guys are of great help and I've learned a lot of new things from this forum and if anyones a mentor in world war 2 stuff its all of you fabulous people on this forum!!!

Many thanks and regards

Brayden

Also.. This is what the seller said to me in his email back to me...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Braydon,

Good on you! I am up in the west central Wisconsin area and more than happy to help you. There are some great members around Milwaukee and the Chicago area. There are some pretty good shows up here too.

Fred

Comment

isn’t that name of the seller scary ??Billbert

Comment

PAWEL NOWAK ....the infamous con-man!!!!! Stay clear of this swindler.

Comment

Yes that is the bad Pawel. He would sell the corpse with the paper if he could find it.

Comment

Y'all know of pawel???

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X