Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M40 TROUSERS from Dutch cloth

Hello Gents,

I would like to show you my pair of M40 trousers executed from captured Dutch cloth. These were purchased here on the forum many years ago. The cut is very close to M40 except buttoned pockets and lack of watch pocket. Nice patina, lot of nap. Obviously real pair.

My question is: - Are these were cut from Dutch fabric or reworked from Dutch army trousers?

D30.jpg

D29.jpg

Some more details:

D9.jpg

D20.jpg

Comment

Waist belt and pantlegs:

D28.jpg

D25.jpg

Comment

Dishbuttons sewned to the waist, I do believe that are Dutch made:D12.jpg

D13.jpg

Comment

And German made from celluloid:
          D10.jpg

D11.jpg

Comment

Yellow ink stamps from wool cloth roll used to sewn this trousersD21.jpg

D22.jpg

Comment

Hi,

IMO not german army, but civil or privat made pants. I don't see typical watch pocket and front pockets with buttons.

Radek

Comment

Radek,
                lack of the watch pocket in cut of Feldgrau wool pants (with ALL other details typical for Wehrmacht trousers) makes them civil? Are you serious

Originally posted by antifake View Post
                Hi,

IMO not german army, but civil or privat made pants. I don't see typical watch pocket and front pockets with buttons.

Radek

Comment

Swiss Army Ord. 1926 wool trousers IMO.

Comment

Please take a closer look to the lining, cut and colour. As I stated, it has been made from Dutch wool...
                    d_set.jpg

Originally posted by Hptm. Fuhrmann View Post
                    Swiss Army Ord. 1926 wool trousers IMO.
                    Last edited by Grubhy; 09-23-2017, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grubhy View Post
                      Please take a closer look to the lining, cut and colour. As I stated, it has been made from Dutch wool...
                      No it has not, the color of the wool was the first thing that screamed SWISS to me. I haven't yet found a picture of an identical trouser but here is one of an even older ordnance:
                      https://www.ricardo.ch/kaufen/sammel...v/an939264744/
                      Note the general construction, hook on the button tab, rear adjustment strap and especially the cut of the side pockets.
                      I get the feeling your trousers were altered in some kind of way to get rid of the swiss stamps on the lining, maybe even the piping on the legs was removed and oddly, those zinc buttons you think are dutch made are actually british WW1 buttons.

Comment

Dear Mr Hauptmann with significant experience of 103 posts. I do collecting over 20 years now and since 12 I show my items here on the forum. I regret but if you want to take voice in serious discussion maybe it's time to put a bit more effort than just placing links. You said that the trousers were converted "somehow". How EXACTLY ? By whom and from what EXACTLY? That is the aim of research instead "IMO".

And what are you trying to say? That I'm not able to recognise SWISS wool? I HAVE SHOWED YOU MY TUNIC AND TROUSERS TO COMPARE. Please put some effort and show me Swiss trousers in same colour and cut instead write superstitions.
                        Last edited by Grubhy; 09-23-2017, 06:41 PM.

Comment

So the number of posts is supposed to reflect the users knowledge? Then you have to know it all, why are you even here asking about these trousers?

How about you first give us some insight on how you come to the conclusion that these trousers are of dutch origin and were used or intended for german forces? And just a picture of them next to a reworked dutch tunic doesn't cut it.

I have postet the link to the old swiss trousers so that you and everyone else can compare them and see that they share way more similarities in construction than your trousers with any kind of german ones. My guess as to how they were altered is that the lining was replaced, maybe partially, maybe completely to get rid of any swiss stamps and the black piping down the legs was removed. And then a weird mix of british dish buttons and german horn (not celluloid!) buttons was added. That was probably done by someone who wanted to sell them as some kind of german garment as they bring in more cash than swiss ones and they probably started out as swiss army Ord. 1926 trousers. This is my opinion, I did my research to my best capabilities and I doubt anyone here can give you any more than their opinion at this point.

Now I hope you put in some effort to justify your claims about these trousers and please stop being so condescending, you should be thankful there are people here that share their knowledge and give their opinions, I'm not here to rain on your parade, I just try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Grubhy View Post
                            Radek,
                            lack of the watch pocket in cut of Feldgrau wool pants (with ALL other details typical for Wehrmacht trousers) makes them civil? Are you serious
                            Ok and what make these pants german ?

Radek

Comment

Hello Again Hptm. Fuhrmann ,
                              to me total number of the posts and join date are (try) measures of experience. See below:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...26#post7935326

You states that Swiss trousers from your link are identical to mine. I took some effort and took the picture here to compare:- two totaly different ways of cut, different buckle, wool etc.

COMPARSION.jpg

Originally posted by Hptm. Fuhrmann View Post
                              So the number of posts is supposed to reflect the users knowledge? Then you have to know it all, why are you even here asking about these trousers?

How about you first give us some insight on how you come to the conclusion that these trousers are of dutch origin and were used or intended for german forces? And just a picture of them next to a reworked dutch tunic doesn't cut it.

I have postet the link to the old swiss trousers so that you and everyone else can compare them and see that they share way more similarities in construction than your trousers with any kind of german ones. My guess as to how they were altered is that the lining was replaced, maybe partially, maybe completely to get rid of any swiss stamps and the black piping down the legs was removed. And then a weird mix of british dish buttons and german horn (not celluloid!) buttons was added. That was probably done by someone who wanted to sell them as some kind of german garment as they bring in more cash than swiss ones and they probably started out as swiss army Ord. 1926 trousers. This is my opinion, I did my research to my best capabilities and I doubt anyone here can give you any more than their opinion at this point.

Now I hope you put in some effort to justify your claims about these trousers and please stop being so condescending, you should be thankful there are people here that share their knowledge and give their opinions, I'm not here to rain on your parade, I just try to help.
                              Last edited by Grubhy; 09-24-2017, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X