M43 GJ tunic, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anmarlodz View Post
    Now , with those photos , I can tell the jacket is definately orginal. But as other mentioned not sure about collar tabs.
    Thanks anmarlodz,
    but, as I previous said, I am sure about the originality of this tunic.
    I like it for its light and charming wear.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies I had in this thread.

But my originary question was: Could it possible in an original tunic the litzen were not a pair but both for the left side?

Comment

I would also like to see sewing on the edelweiss. I'm not at all convinced that this isn't rebadged original tunic, but as we all know, we have seen sloppier jobs that were original.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusader17 View Post
          I would also like to see sewing on the edelweiss. I'm not at all convinced that this isn't rebadged original tunic, but as we all know, we have seen sloppier jobs that were original.
          Here is the pic

Thanks

Comment

Fake shoulderboards, imo fake collartabs and i don´t like any sewing of the rest of the insignias.

Comment

Originally posted by madandi View Post
              Fake shoulderboards, imo fake collartabs and i don´t like any sewing of the rest of the insignias.
              I agree Andi. But we will get a lot of flak about it.

Imo the tabs are sewn to hide former stiching.

Daniel.

Comment

Hello,

I totally agree with madandi and Daniel.S. The collar tabs are reproductions, The boards appear to be reproduction and I do not care for the sewing of anything.

Fred

Comment

Just saw the boards now too...OMFG, yes its worse than I originally thought.

Comment

Thanks for your replies.
                    You confirmed what I thouht.

Original rebadged tunic.

for this reason I did not post all the pics at the beginning.

In my opinion the eagle is original but replaced. It has been sewn with a yellow tread.
                    This thread is present only on the eagle and in the innerside right sewing of the lining. (All the other tunic sewing are in the same gray thread). Probably this is the indication that the lining has been unstitched to sewing the eagle and then sewn again.

the tabs had been sewn with the a gray thread.

What do you think about?
                    Please are you sure the tabs and shoulderboards are fake?

here are more pics.

Comment

Originally posted by SL320 View Post
                      Thanks for your replies.
                      You confirmed what I thouht.

Original rebadged tunic.

for this reason I did not post all the pics at the beginning.

In my opinion the eagle is original but replaced. It has been sewn with a yellow tread.
                      This thread is present only on the eagle and in the innerside right sewing of the lining. (All the other tunic sewing are in the same gray thread). Probably this is the indication that the lining has been unstitched to sewing the eagle and then sewn again.
                      Hello.
                      examining the jacket in more detail, I must say that yellow thread is present in other areas of the tunic. Therefore, what I previous said about the unstitched lining is no longer correct.
                      So I do not think the tunic has been tampered with.

Comment

we all are sure, that these shoulderboards are fake.

Comment

Thanks for the better photos. Straps and tabs are reproduction; all insignia has been replaced (as others have mentioned).

Comment

Thank you very much for your kind confirmations.

Comment

Its a ok tunic but a mess probably better to strip it replace all suspect insignia and you will have a good display tunic not all original but better than it is now if you do a good job

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X