Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all replies and opinions !

@ Willi: You don't have some photos left perhaps

And if we would place these parkas chronological would this the correct way:

1 grey/blue parka
    2 splitter model
    3 reversed colour
    4 fluffy splitter
    5 sumpf 43
    6 sumpf 44

Or are 3 and 4 maybe produced in the same time frame ?

regards,

Etienne

Comment

Fluffy edge jackets.

A nice jacket that was for sale some years ago pre Internet days, it was just another camo jackets in those days before we sorted out the various patterns and years. The dealer had three jackets for sale at £300 and these nice trousers at £200. Just wished that I'd had the cash then. Regards David.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne B. View Post
        Thanks for all replies and opinions !

@ Willi: You don't have some photos left perhaps

And if we would place these parkas chronological would this the correct way:

1 grey/blue parka
        2 splitter model
        3 reversed colour
        4 fluffy splitter
        5 sumpf 43
        6 sumpf 44

Or are 3 and 4 maybe produced in the same time frame ?

regards,

Etienne
        As mentioned 'fluffy edge' camo pattern was used also to make a camo smocks and whta is the most importanta all 'fluffy edge smocks I have seen were 1945 dated . So IMO 'fluffy edge' ( or as I like to call it reversed sumpftarn ) is a very late war variant of camo.

Another thing which make me think it is a very late variant of camo is the fact that is its very similar in
        look to sumftarn 44 camo pattern.

So I would put 'fluffy edge' camo pattern on the very end of list.

IMO the list of camo types should look like following :

1) Green/Grey Blue reversible jackets - 1941/1942
        2) Splittern reversible jackets - 1942/1943
        3) Reversed splittern reversible jackstes - early 1943
        4) Sumptarn 43 type reversible jackets -1943/44
        5) Sumptarn 44 type reversible jackets - 1944/45
        6) Fluffy edge ( or reversed sumptarn as I call it ) - 1945
        7) Leibmuster - 1945 ( I'm sure some examples of winter reversible jackets have been made in this camo - most probably experimental )
        Last edited by anmarlodz; 03-06-2017, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Here is the marking on the wind flap of my "Fluffy" to further this discussion. Also look at the camo remnants use in the pocket flaps that clearly show this parka was produced concurrent with sumpftarn production.

I must apologize to the OP for furthering this thread into one on this camo pattern.
          Attached Files

Comment

Full views
            Attached Files

Comment

no apologizes needed...I find it very interesting !

@Ammarlodz: You could be right .I have checked my ''fluffy'' and it has a nr. 45 number as well.Hard to read but for me the last digit is a 5.

@persian gulf:And on my example the inside of the pockets have made with sumpf fabric as well.For me it looks like 43 model due to the ''hard'' edges.

Has anyone a smock made out of ''fluffy '' material to show

thanks guys
              Attached Files

Comment

45 nr.

-
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Persian Gulf View Post
                  Here is the marking on the wind flap of my "Fluffy" to further this discussion. Also look at the camo remnants use in the pocket flaps that clearly show this parka was produced concurrent with sumpftarn production.

I must apologize to the OP for furthering this thread into one on this camo pattern.
                  All winter jackets ( except for the grey/green/ blue ) were made simultaneously by diffrent makers ; in other words , fact that new designed camos were introduced , didn't mean that previous designed camos were not in use anymore.
                  The splittern pattern , sumpftarn or fluffy edge jackets or smocks were made in the same time , but by diffrent makers.

But as you can see in both examples of 'fluffy edge' ( reversed sumptarn ) shown in this thread ; one maker was making them ( the same RB Nr ).

It was very common practise to use remains/leftovers of camo cloth in current production ( alot of winter reversible jackets or smocks has scraps of leftovers used ) so nothing suprising.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne B. View Post
                    no apologizes needed...I find it very interesting !

@Ammarlodz: You could be right .I have checked my ''fluffy'' and it has a nr. 45 number as well.Hard to read but for me the last digit is a 5.

@persian gulf:And on my example the inside of the pockets have made with sumpf fabric as well.For me it looks like 43 model due to the ''hard'' edges.

Has anyone a smock made out of ''fluffy '' material to show

thanks guys

45 is not the date . It is part of the RB Nr ( which is well visible on Persian Gulf jacket ).

I have seen ( and know that some memembers have them in their collections ) 'fluffy edge' smocks with RN Nr , size , and full date of 1945.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X