Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wh parka..reversed colour splitter ?

Hi Guys,

Had a collector friend over and we had some discussion about this parka.I believe it to be a reversed colour parka but he called it a ''transition sumpf'' model.
    The parka is well worn some hat faded so I hope that the photos are good enough.......

Like to hear your opnions

Etienne
    Attached Files

o
    Attached Files

Comment

Reversed color splitterpattern winter reversible jakcet.

Comment

Unusual coloured jacket.

Hi, interesting colours on this one, reversed colours faded maybe or just a variation with the colours used . Nice jacket one I would have bought from the IMCS web site if I had seen it first. Regards David.

Comment

Rare, reversed tarnwindjack in reversed red brown patterns and olive stricken lines.

Comment

I see very little sign of color fading. I Do believe it was that color when produced. I think it illustrates an unusual color variation.

Beautiful Ww2 German Camo Jacket!

Comment

Thanks for your input

Would it be correct to date this one as a late 1942 example ? The first sumptarn parkas were produced in 1943 as I'm correct.....

I have a ''fluffy'' splitterparka as well.....could that model then be manufactured as well end of 1942 or early 1943 ?

Etienne

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne B. View Post
                Thanks for your input

Would it be correct to date this one as a late 1942 example ? The first sumptarn parkas were produced in 1943 as I'm correct.....

I have a ''fluffy'' splitterparka as well.....could that model then be manufactured as well end of 1942 or early 1943 ?

Etienne
                Doesn't seem to be a lot of info about these reverse colour jackets but it would be nice to see the fluffy pattern jacket that you have. Regards David.

Comment

you're welcome ;-)
                  Attached Files

Comment

-
                    Attached Files

Comment

It's described on page 179 of the ''Camouflage uniforms of the German Wehrmacht'' book.

Comment

Fluffy pattern jacket.

Hi, thanks you for posting the pictures of your other jacket, a very nice example of a very uncommon jacket in good condition. Very hard to find one of the fluffy pattern jackets, I have only ever seen one for sale and that was years ago although I have seen more of the trouser in that pattern for sale, there is a pair for sale at the moment but at a price that is out of reach for myself. Regards David.

Comment

Both very desirable camo patterns seldom, encountered and in great condition!

Comment

Cool pieces.

owen

Comment

To me it is a unique water pattern variant. I had the whole set. They made FJ smocks in this pattern as well.

I also had a set in the second pattern as well. They made pull over smock in that variant as well.
                              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X