X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private Purchase Shoulder Straps

Hi guys,
    What do you think of these straps?
    I have never seen this kind of piping before so i had to ask.
    I cannot post photos from the phone so for the moment i will provide the link and when i have the chance ip0 will post the photos from my pc.

Link: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=894015

Cheers
    Chris
    sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

I've seen that kind of Homebrew piping used before. I like them, they have real character.

Diane

Comment

I like them too, probably made later in the War to look like prewar boards. Somewhere I have a similar infantry pair with piping made from white parachute cord.

Comment

Wow. Great pickup... those went quickly.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. Really appreciated. Johnny i would love to see that parachute made piping.

Comment

Here are older pictures of them. The material is like a casing for US parachute cord that has had the inner material removed. In 2010 I was not sure but now I think they are original and made later in the war to look like earlier boards using the materials on hand.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=452166

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
              Here are older pictures of them. The material is like a casing for US parachute cord that has had the inner material removed. In 2010 I was not sure but now I think they are original and made later in the war to look like earlier boards using the materials on hand.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=452166
              Thanks for the link. Interesting thread.

Comment

They are very odd boards. Someone tried to repair nothing with a super glue plug of thread. That is the strange spot on the one board. They used what they could find.

Comment

Indeed Johnny it looks that way.

Here are the photos of the sales thread since the link above is not of any use for future reference.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Close ups
                    Attached Files

Comment

Is it flat? The material almost looks like what some Army white undershirts shirts were made of.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                        Is it flat? The material almost looks like what some Army white undershirts shirts were made of.
                        No idea mate. I will let you know as soon as they arrive

Comment

Great, looks like a fine Aertex weave which is interesting.

Comment

Have them now in hand. Here are more pics.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X