WöschlerOrden

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unusual NCO Shoulder Board - Has Anyone ever Seen This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual NCO Shoulder Board - Has Anyone ever Seen This?

I'm a real sucker for salty shoulder boards - so picked this one up on eBay. It was not as described, but still turned out to be a really interesting board anyway.

The Tresse looks to have been added after the board was issued (the bobbin thread is messed up - definitely not a factory job), and then some removed even after that to reduce the rank. That in itself is kind of interesting.

But what is MOST interesting is that the white piping is NOT piping - there is no flat tail part. It is actually a white cord that is machine stitched along the EDGE of the shoulder board. Look at the pics, and you will see what I mean.

Is this commonly encountered? It looks like a complicated way to pipe a shoulder board.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I have seen piping stitched like that quite a few times on tabs and boards, but only on originals, not on any fakes so far.

Richard

Comment

I have seen it on a pair of fake pz boards..

there is no problem with this board though

Jens

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
        I have seen piping stitched like that quite a few times on tabs and boards, but only on originals, not on any fakes so far.

Richard

Comment

They sewed it to the top or bottom tongue befroe the panels were sewn together. They did things like this a lot using earlier materials later in the War when it was difficult to find early insignia. As a possible example, but I have no way of knowing when these were made or if they are real but they appear to be piped with US parachute cord and made from wool scraps. The top one is black wool and the bottom dark green.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jens Thune View Post
            I have seen it on a pair of fake pz boards..

there is no problem with this board though

Jens
            Jens,

If you happen to have a photo showing those boards I would love to see it.

Richard

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X