Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Killer recon tabs. I pulled a similar set with boards last year, deep golden yellow color. Matt

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post

Keep in mind that there are two tones of recon yellow. One is a "golden yellow" and the other is a "honey yellow",

Chris
        I can see where you are coming from with the orange. However, as already stated in post number 6, recon yellow had a range of colour. At the other end of the scale collectors sometimes mistake it for signal yellow especially when faded.

The tabs which started this thread is at the opposite end of the spectrum which we will now have to call "orange-yellow" after the great photo work going on here

Chris

Comment

colors

these are always sticky discussions because everyone's eye does not perceive colors the same way.

nice tabs tho'.

Comment

For me a variant shape of golden yellow (Recon).
            Not all were made in the exact same color, slightly different color shapes existed.

Comment

Aufklarungs for sure..Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by ww2.collector View Post
                Hope now the compare to a orange and a lemon will show the collor.
                Picturs are made in a Photobox without of flash and i do not use photoshoop or somthing like this
                Hi my friend, in my eyes they are very nice panzer reconnaissance collar tabs. The piping of your tab is not orange but a deep shade of a golden yellow. Golden yellow did have a range of colour, sometimes make you believe they're orange.

Comment

Nice expose' with the lemon & orange. While they do appear more orange than most Recon straps/boards or tabs they are indeed for the Recon

The shades of cav gold/yellow very quite abit & when you add signals yellow it gets more confusing kinda like the "greens"

Here is a board/tunic from the original 3rd Recon Bn DAK
                  Attached Files

Comment

Perhaps a bit off topic but I am new to skull tabs. Am I correct that both sets of tabs shown here have late war skulls?

Erik

Comment

Although it's not the original question and Jerry answered the case of an orange Waffenfarbe skull collar tab, I must agree with the rest:
                      #2 are Panzernachrichten (signal)
                      #3 are Panzeraufklärung (reco)

Comment

Imo the Tabs are clear Panzer recon tabs - here is a shoulder board from my collection which is attributed to a SS officer who served in a Panzer recon unit:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Maxoumilitaria View Post

#2 are Panzernachrichten (signal)
                          #2 are NOT Panzernachrichten (signal), they are recon. This shade of recon yellow at the other end of the scale can sometimes be mistaken for signals especially when faded. However, it is not the distinctive lemon yellow of signals,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                            Perhaps a bit off topic but I am new to skull tabs. Am I correct that both sets of tabs shown here have late war skulls?

Erik
                            One of the best books which addresses the question you are asking, is volume one of Scott Pritchett's 4 volume series on the Panzer Jacket. He has classified the different Panzer skulls and and given a time-frame on when each type was used,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
                              Here are more pictures of cavalry-shade from member posted pics. These are definite cavalry specimens, notice the shade of yellow on the tunic.

No one is calling you stupid, for certain - these shades can be very confusing for all of us.

regards, Robert
                              The second picture comes from my collection. For the record there are signal and reco boards on it

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
                                #2 are NOT Panzernachrichten (signal), they are recon. This shade of recon yellow at the other end of the scale can sometimes be mistaken for signals especially when faded. However, it is not the distinctive lemon yellow of signals,

Chris

OK thanks for the correction. Might be my mobile screen, on the pictures post #20, they look like lemon yellow to me.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X