Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set Collartabs for black Panzer Wrapper

..... i got today.
    Material is all original, but what is orang for? "Feldgendarmerie"???? but for a Wrapper ? Never saw such a collor on a wprapper collar tab.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The piping is not orange. It is golden yellow for reconnaissance.

Golden yellow Panzer wrap tabs are harder to find and desirable but they are out there as these prove,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
          The piping is not orange. It is golden yellow for reconnaissance.

Golden yellow Panzer wrap tabs are harder to find and desirable but they are out there as these prove,

Chris
          Trust me, it is Orange.
          It is for shure not golden yellow for "Aufklärer"

I can do next day comparpicturs to my aufklärer tabs, or with other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ww2.collector View Post
            Trust me, it is Orange.
            It is for shure not golden yellow for "Aufklärer"

I can do next day comparpicturs to my aufklärer tabs, or with other stuff.
            Not orange on my monitor by any stretch of the imagination but lets see what others say or some good daylight photos show.

Keep in mind that there are two tones of recon yellow. One is a "golden yellow" and the other is a "honey yellow",

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
              Not orange on my monitor by any stretch of the imagination but lets see what others say or some good daylight photos show.

Keep in mind that there are two tones of recon yellow. One is a "golden yellow" and the other is a "honey yellow",

Chris
              If i say orang it is .....
              Fast pictur with smartphone
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ww2.collector View Post
                If i say orang it is .....
                Fast pictur with smartphone
                Still one of the shades of recon yellow on my monitor.

What branch of service do you think "8" officer boards are or is the lemon yellow plastic bug the basis of your decision ?

Chris

p.s. compare with something that is actually orange.

Comment

And my question was not orang or yellow.

What is orange on wrapper collar tabs?

i found this, feldgendarmerietrupp 59 in the Panzer Division 8

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...sionen/8PD.htm

Comment

Well looks like recon to me too. But regarless the color, to answer your question, if original orange tabs most likely post june '44 ordnance officer. Ordance officers wore red piped boards with crossed cannon device, until june '44 when they switched over to orange with the device. There is member on waf with an original board and tab in orange that was pictured in a book. I have a late war black wrapper that was just discovered last year right from source with orange skull tabs. Sadly it did not come with boards. I showed it at the last Max show.

Comment

Daniel,

it looks dark yellow on my (calibrated) monitor, too. For comparison: Attached is a pic of a Feldgendarmerie officer set for HG division.

Regarding Your question: I have no idea if Panzer collar tabs for Feldgendarmerie units existed, sorry.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by galizien41 View Post
                        Well looks like recon to me too. But regarless the color, to answer your question, if original orange tabs most likely post june '44 ordnance officer. Ordance officers wore red piped boards with crossed cannon device, until june '44 when they switched over to orange with the device. There is member on waf with an original board and tab in orange that was pictured in a book. I have a late war black wrapper that was just discovered last year right from source with orange skull tabs. Sadly it did not come with boards. I showed it at the last Max show.
                        Thanks a lot for your post, that i call informations

Will do tomorow in daylight i few mor picturs in direct compare to orange and yellow bords and maybe some fruits ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by RamJet View Post

Regarding Your question: I have no idea if Panzer collar tabs for Feldgendarmerie units existed, sorry.
                          Good question,

never ever seen or heard of a Panzer wrap for a WH "Feldgendarmerie" with orange piping.

Only Police Panzer wraps I know of, have had police green piping on the black wrap,

Chris

Comment

I see Golden Yellow piped collar patches ...far from Orange !
                            Regarding Orange piped Wrapper , i would tend also to Ordnance OFF but i've
                            never had one in my hands ...they were not so many around period !
                            I also had a feldgrau Wrapper with OFF Feldpost badges on it , lemon yellow piped , that 's the most "exotic" piping i've seen !
                            Nick

Comment

Hello,

Very nice tabs. I believe they are without question recon yellow.

s/f Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X