Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M44 panzer shoulder boards for review

Hi,

I would like to have your opinions about these board please.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best,

Max
    Attached Files

More pics
    Attached Files

Comment

And the last one.

The boards were available here: https://schlender-antik.de/produkt/m...eer-waffen-ss/

Thanks

Max
      Attached Files

Comment

I like them, look textbook to me.

Radek

Comment

Glenn
          "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

straps

They look original, just finished at 4:58 pm on a Friday.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

Max

Comment

Having spoken with other forum members, it seems that no everyone agrees on their originality, especially due to the material used for the tape.

Having the boards in hands, I realised the first pictures didn't show the "shining" side of the rayon material.

Here are some additional pictures, with and without flash (the shiny effect is more visible on the pictures without flash).

I would greatly appreciate if you would confirm (or not) your first opinion based on these!

Thanks

Max

First 2 pics with flash
                Attached Files

Comment

Now 2 without flash
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Maxoumilitaria View Post
                    Having spoken with other forum members, it seems that no everyone agrees on their originality, especially due to the material used for the tape.

Having the boards in hands, I realised the first pictures didn't show the "shining" side of the rayon material.

From the new photos I will have to agree,it did not look like that type of HBT from the first set of photos.

Glenn

Comment

Gary, you're a funny fellow!
                      I agree with your assessment.
                      I would not buy them.

Merry Christmas

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys!!

A Merry Christmas to you !

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
                          From the new photos I will have to agree,it did not look like that type of HBT from the first set of photos.

Glenn
                          Hi,

it is not tape but classic italian silk HBT lining fabric. What is wrong with it? Do you thing germany army used it just for jackets, pants and not for shoulderboards?

Radek

Comment

Originally posted by antifake View Post
                            Hi,

it is not tape but classic italian silk HBT lining fabric. What is wrong with it?

Radek

Yes,I know what it is,and I have never seen it used on shoulder straps (both Heer and W-SS) that I thought were original...Have seen many clever fakes using it though,including hats,tunics.

Glenn

Comment

Exact same HBT is seen on several of the classic LW M43 caps shown in this thread especially the 1945 dated examples;

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=199965

In fact some collectors have magnified the cloth and done a thread count on the gloss sheen HBT of a 101% LW M43 then compared with a suspect gloss sheen HBT in a SS tunic. They were exactly the same.

What causes the gloss sheen is the high content of artificial silk in the blend the HBT is made from. In some cases this can also be caused by Rayon which is mixed with artificial silk.

A dull or matt HBT is produced when Flax or Hemp is used extensively in the blend the HBT is made from.

Who can say for sure when these Panzer M44 boards were made ???

But that type of HBT was produced during the way and used in clothing production as the later LW M43 caps prove,

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X