Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richthofen_117 View Post
    Hi Barry,

These boards look similar to the following pair which had been proved to be fake: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=208719&page=2

Regards,
    Yun
    The boards in this thread are not similar to the boards in the thread from richthofen_117.

Comment

Nick...no. what I mean is: side-by-side with original embroidery, they will not match.
      CSP

sigpic

Comment

Ok i understand your position now ...
        Nick

Comment

Ok..Everythings has already been told...but for me as well are post-war copies...the embroidering is very poor
          Regards
          Giorgio

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
            Proofed to be fake ? I don't read that in the posts ?
            Nick
            Hi Nick,

Maybe I should not say "proved to be fake", but as we all see from that discussion, there're many doubtful points on those boards, not a good sign for me.

Regards,
            Yun

Comment

Originally posted by Ankar View Post
              The boards in this thread are not similar to the boards in the thread from richthofen_117.
              Maybe I am wrong, but as far as I can see, they look similar.

Comment

Straps.

These have been on that european site now for well over a year!
                Do not think these are originals and look identical to the fake ones on b*** ****'s website in the u.s which are also post war copies in my opinion.

Comment

Hi,
                  IMO, they look good to me. Stitch two scrap together does not involve by order different scrap but could be the same piece of cloth, it’s depending of the size. The important is to know if, when the bit are spread, we can see the separation of two pieces.
                  The monogram for me is in cotton and not in synthetic. This black piping in rayon is characteristic of mid war…. it’s logical, weave pattern or braided pattern, twice exist.
                  About the buttonhole slightly too long, I agree with GAMS 1, it’s not unusual, but it’s not rare !
                  Regards
                  Chris

Comment

Originally posted by TOULON44 View Post
                    Hi,
                    IMO, they look good to me. Stitch two scrap together does not involve by order different scrap but could be the same piece of cloth, it’s depending of the size. The important is to know if, when the bit are spread, we can see the separation of two pieces.
                    The monogram for me is in cotton and not in synthetic. This black piping in rayon is characteristic of mid war…. it’s logical, weave pattern or braided pattern, twice exist.
                    About the buttonhole slightly too long, I agree with GAMS 1, it’s not unusual, but it’s not rare !
                    Regards
                    Chris
                    Like several of the experienced and knowledgeable commenters above, I believe these straps to be (fairly convincing) modern reproductions. If you honestly believe them to be genuine perhaps you should purchase them because, if original, they would be rare examples.

Comment

Nobody is saying that it’s easy to find these shoulder boards, you think it’s not good, ok, it’s your opinion, but these are genuine for me, for the reason that I have mentioned.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X