Generalleutnant Enrich Scopper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

label

Certainly the tailor's shop writes the name and rank on the label as well as the date and order number. I have never heard of autographing one's own clothing other than enlisted ranks putting a name and/or number in their clothing.

Comment

Here is another Schoppers attributed uniform. There is quite big difference between the ribonbar loops width
      Attached Files

Comment

Germanmedals also the tunic you posted (you thake the pics from marshals baton) have the collar tabs hand sevn like mine.
        About the signature you are very wrong ,the Taylor named the target not the owner,it's not a autographing
        The loops for ribbon bar are different ,but I don't think made fro the same person.You compare my uniform with that marshal baton but you know if that really is Schopper's tunic?
        Carlo

Comment

I have a couple of Waffen SS tunics, both identifiable in period pics with original applied insignia on it.
          Guess what, the tabs are HAND sewn. And they did a very ugly job on them.

This comment and the one made by our expert about the soldier having to write his own name on the name tag is just hilarious, and it proves that he doesn't know anything on these tunics.

Very nice set, congrats.

Comment

To say that only tailors were the one who wrote the names on the nametag is quite limited statement. Anybody could write it, even soldier itself, and naturally fakers after 1945. And here we have only rank , name and date, so no order number. You should get the military file with award list he received, or try to find a picture of him wearing the ribbonbar. This would give you a good answer how long the ribbonbar loops should be.

I didnt "TAKE" the pictures, I found them and shared them with you. You can ask marshall batton what references does he have to connect that uniform to Schopper and if there is a nametag on that one.

For me is the same if you accept my observations on this peace or not. If you are happy with it, then it is fine with me. But there are certain abnormalities of which i wouldnt feel comfortable with and for sure i'd want to get them cleared if i had this peace in my collection. I for sure never refered to myself of being an expert. This are the comments that you read under every other uniform which shows some questionable signs.

Comment

It is obvious that when a Colonel was promoted to General the changes interested the badges of rank and the epaulettes. In this case I see a writing on the tailor's label: Oberst E. Schopper and a date (maybe Mai 1941 or 1942). Schopper was promoted to the rank of Oberst on April 1, 1939 (and CO of the 6th Artillery Regiment to November 15, 1940 and after CO of the Ar-Ko 137 to December 10, 1941); Generalmajor on Juli 1, 1942 and Generalleutnant on January 1, 1943, as the CO of the 81th infantry division from December 8, 1941 to April 5, 1944 (with two little exceptions: March 1-13 and June 1943, replaced by Obst. Gottfried Weber, RKT -October 1941- with Eichenlaub -June 1944- and Bundeswehr Inspekteur der Infanterie). He received the EK II and the EK I during WW1, plus some knightly orders and commemorative decorations. During his period as a divisional commander he received both the Spangen of his previous iron crosses; on December 26, 1941 he received the DKG and on April 30, 1943, the RK des EK. Thereafter, (after a very brief transit in the Fuhrer-reserve) he was the CO of the Divisions-Artillerie-Stab z.b.V. 310 and Höherer Artillerie-Kommandeur 310 (Harko 310) until the end of the war.

This career's development in my opinion justifies he having used a jacket made in 1941/early 1942, modified when he was promoted to general's rank in July 1942. Then, in my opinion, nothing strange. With reference to the comparison of the name written on the tailor's label and the original signature of Schopper on the postcard, in my opinion they have nothing in common in their handwriting because they were written by two different people in different times: an unidentified tailor's worker in 1941, but surely not after July 1942, and the General Schopper himself as RKT, surely not before april 1943.

Best regards
              Last edited by enorepap; 10-15-2016, 07:24 AM.

Comment

If someone was to upgrade the tunic to a known RK decorated soldier he would for sure look after matching points to make it as believable as possible. I just pointed out the things that to me dont match but uniform collecting has a wide range of tolerance and acceptance so all that matters is how the third party sees in it. Here for example we have 2 uniforms attributed to same person and with obvious differences. So one for sure isnt Schoppers or maybe even neither one

Comment

I have posted this before but will post it again- The name tags came on sheets or rolls and as far as I have ever seen seem to have always been filled out by the tailor shop.

The tags usually had an order number and a "piece" number that tied back to a sheet with the sizes and specifications for the item to be tailored. The filled out tags were cut from a roll or sheet and put with/sewn in the items to be tailored for bespoke orders. Often, when only one item was ordered there is no order or piece number, just the name and date.

The most common exception to this is clothing that was premade and "off the shelf". Just like modern mens suits, some clothing items were premade and designed to be altered to fit the wearer quickly. In these cases, sometimes the tags were filled out by the tailor, or the new owner could write his own name it.

Comment

Originally posted by germanmedals View Post
                    If someone was to upgrade the tunic to a known RK decorated soldier he would for sure look after matching points to make it as believable as possible. I just pointed out the things that to me dont match but uniform collecting has a wide range of tolerance and acceptance so all that matters is how the third party sees in it. Here for example we have 2 uniforms attributed to same person and with obvious differences. So one for sure isnt Schoppers or maybe even neither one
                    But do think that a general has only one tunic or pants?
                    I could tell you that I sow at least 3 tunics and 2 visors in different photos of Gen.Scopper.
                    Carlo

Comment

Hopefully 'Germanmedals' comments will be disregarded.

A most disagreeable, nasty and envious character....

Take a look, pretty much sums him up:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=309639
                      Last edited by nzef1940; 10-17-2016, 02:32 AM. Reason: Add link

Comment

Another featuring this individual:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=880513

Comment

Originally posted by nzef1940 View Post
                          Hopefully 'Germanmedals' comments will be disregarded.

A most disagreeable, nasty and envious character....

Take a look, pretty much sums him up:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=309639
                          I supposed that
                          Carlo

Comment

Originally posted by solo View Post
                            But do think that a general has only one tunic or pants?
                            I could tell you that I sow at least 3 tunics and 2 visors in different photos of Gen.Scopper.
                            Carlo
                            no they surely dont have only one, but i guess all tunics look fairly similar and not one has loops for 5 place ribbonbar and the other for 13 and same rank. When things are attributed then things get more complicated and I, as i have done before, i research them in every aspect. I wouldnt feel comfortable paying extra cause something is connected to high decorated officer and not all facts match. I have seen many named tunics before but certain facts prove that they were put together, remade, things added, but the price was double of the normal unknown tunic. If you have pictures of other to gen. Schopper attributed tunics please share them.

Forums are supposed to discuss things, not only read WOW, great, I'm trying to learn some aspects how collectors look at certain things but it is almost amusing how certain things get spit over and others get a free pass without any consideration.

Comment

And just to make it clear,... I'm not saying that this isnt Schoppers tunic! Just discussing certain facts that bother me.

Comment

No one cares.

You are not qualified to have a valid opinion.

Your ridiculous comment re the naming in labels says it
                                all...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X