• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more comment?
    263 vievs 3 comment? I think is an eceptional tunic
    Carlo

Comment

Beautiful set. Thanks for taking the effort of posting for all to enjoy.
      Martin

Comment

The set looks nice but I don't like the job they done on the collartabs. We can clearely see that it is an upgraded uniform from Oberst to Generalmajor but i would expect a much better stiching and not so crooked outside lining of the collartabs. If i'm not mistaken, even one of shoulderboards shows little grey thread sticking out. Another thing that i noticed,...the hole on the pocket should be for the EK1 with disk, not EK1 clasp. And the loops where the EK1 is placed seems too apart to be for an EK1 and are meant for a wider pin badge (IAB, GAB, PAB). Are the buttons stitches also seen in the inside of the jacket and are all the buttons the same or are different?

I'm not sure that this is realy Erich Schopper uniform, but that is just my opinion.

Comment

Both sets are superb displays.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by solo View Post
            At the end Iwas able to put together visor and tunic of Gen. Schopper first I got the hat http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=852803
            Now the tunic and pants.
            For you I hope you like it
            Carlo
            I do like it , very much. J

Comment

Awesome tunic and set. And love the two Generals together!

Please share the images in this General's tunic thread as well: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=681067

Comment

I'm not sure I see the connection to a Munich-based tailor? <O
                <O
                This soldier was born in Thuringia. During the time he served as an Oberst (1 Jan 1939-1 Jul 1942) he served with 6. Infanterie Division (Bielefeld) and then the 81. Infanterie Division (Neuhammer/Silesia). Munich was a cosmopolitan city, so it’s not impossible to say that he visited there with the idea of procuring a high-quality Oberst’s tunic. Personally, I think it’s a loose connection – not conclusive enough to say that it’s Gen. Schopper’s tunic yet.

<O</O
                Regards.<O</O

Last edited by InfanterieSammler; 10-12-2016, 10:03 AM.

Comment

There are many reasons why any officer might have had uniforms tailored in a city other than where they were born or where we know they were stationed based upon surviving records.

If you're seeing any red flags based on what you see as far the tunic itself, construction, aging, etc., that's a different discussion.

J-

Comment

Originally posted by solo View Post
                    No more comment?
                    263 vievs 3 comment? I think is an eceptional tunic
                    Carlo
                    Hello Carlo,
                    i think most of us are a little bit jealous but i must confess that you have a very nice and rare set thank you for showing us
                    Best regards Christian

Comment

Great looking tunic you have.
                      Well done.

-Jeremy

Comment

I was waiting for an adverse comment about the application of the collar tabs. I can't see how hand-sewn tabs could look much different to those in the photo.

It would be interesting to view a range of hand-sewn collar insignia that are accepted as period-done and meet 2016 standards.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by germanmedals View Post
                          The set looks nice but I don't like the job they done on the collartabs. We can clearely see that it is an upgraded uniform from Oberst to Generalmajor but i would expect a much better stiching and not so crooked outside lining of the collartabs. If i'm not mistaken, even one of shoulderboards shows little grey thread sticking out. Another thing that i noticed,...the hole on the pocket should be for the EK1 with disk, not EK1 clasp. And the loops where the EK1 is placed seems too apart to be for an EK1 and are meant for a wider pin badge (IAB, GAB, PAB). Are the buttons stitches also seen in the inside of the jacket and are all the buttons the same or are different?

I'm not sure that this is realy Erich Schopper uniform, but that is just my opinion.
                          Germanmedals sorry but I don't agreed with you.From otside you can't see no stitchig of the red therad, I sow many general with collar tabs sewn by hands,the mayor general in the photos are sewn by machine but is not mandatory.
                          Yes is an upgrade from Obrest and is clearly write in targhet in the pocket ,I don't think that every Obrest thow the tunic in the trash when become General
                          About the hole ,Shopper win the EC 1° 1914 and he get also the EK 1° 1939 ,if you put the EK1° in the hole where you can put the the EK 1° clasp? Look the shadov of badge.

I can post the pics of the visor it is a erel (big size 60) inside there are the initiasls.
                          Schopper was a big man ,the size of tunic ,I think, ia exta extra large.
                          The name is clearly visible in the taeghet.
                          Here are the photos of the hat
                          Attached Files

Comment

Personally I would dream of owning such nice tunics & visors, top of the tree ,
                            think there may well be a touch of envy creeping in as stated earlier.

Comment

Here's another hand-sewn tab on a tunic that started life in 1932 as an infantry oberstleutnant.

Mike
                              Attached Files

Comment

Dont get me wrong, i'm not spitting over it, I like the set and naturally i'm open to every version. Just when it comes to General rank I always expect that the tailors would watch how they do their job and that Generals would be quite picky when it comes to their uniforms and how they look in front of their superiors and subordinates. If this was an unnamed tunic, all we could read under it,...restored, put together, who knows when, who knows what it was,...just check some past posts about similar uniforms. In this situation we have a name that can provide us some solid ground in research but also, when it comes to named uniforms and RKs you have to be very careful and check all the facts. Whenever a screwback EK1 was used and got upgraded with EK1 clasp, the 2 medallops were added on top and bottom hole so that the clasp would fit and the EK1 was placed under it with the loops of right dimensions for it. Also in this situation there would have to be a WW1 EK1 with screwback which was then replaced with EK1 clasp with screwback.

Strange that nobody said anything jet about the signature on nametag. There is quite a difference between nametage and picture signature, but again, maybe the tailor wrote the name in the pocket.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X