No announcement yet.

"FELDGEISTLICHER" footlocker with uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The piping of the cap and the tabs looks cornflower blue to me. The fade looks like faded blue. Chaplain piping is the color of the stripe on the armband and the bag or pillow shown with the crucifix. The phrase on the cross is in Latin and is "In this sign you will conquer" which usually is asscoated with Catholic items not Evangelical (Lutheran) which is what the tunic is with those collar tabs- Protestant. The box looks nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
      The piping of the cap and the tabs looks cornflower blue to me. The fade looks like faded blue. Chaplain piping is the color of the stripe on the armband and the bag or pillow shown with the crucifix. The phrase on the cross is in Latin and is "In this sign you will conquer" which usually is asscoated with Catholic items not Evangelical (Lutheran) which is what the tunic is with those collar tabs- Protestant. The box looks nice.

Thanks for your opinion Johnny, so for you it is a put together "grouping" ?

Any more opinions ?

Comment

Regarding the hat, the cross is non-standard, but I would not rule it out based on that alone.

It is always tough to ascertain the color shade on a monitor, and this cap has some fading to the piping.

Can you do a close-up with the collar tabs next to the hat?
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by mathluft View Post
          Thanks for your opinion Johnny, so for you it is a put together "grouping" ?

Any more opinions ?
          I am not sure but I am a complete pessimist about anything like this. I would not buy anything like this even if there was one odd feature but that is just me.

Comment

Here is a comparison of one that was sold on the stand (w/o a cross) and the one that led off this thread.

The estand visor has the correct reddish hue for the violet piping:
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

For color reference here is a Pfarrer tab I used to own

Cheers
              Larry
              Attached Files

Comment

Was there a difference in collar tabs between Catholic and Protestant chaplains?

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                  Was there a difference in collar tabs between Catholic and Protestant chaplains?

Don
                  Yes, the ones that Larry posted are for a Catholic chaplain, Protestant chaplains wore tabs like normal heer officer tabs but with violet piping. Here is a tailor made example for a Catholic Chaplain that is a lighter violet-
                  Last edited by Johnny R; 09-08-2016, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Hi Guys,

finally had time and took a few pictures outside in the daylight, it's clearly not blue.
                    Attached Files

Comment

a
                      Attached Files

Comment

l
                        Attached Files

Comment

The hat looks less medical and more like the correct color.

The tabs still look like medical (cornflower blue) but if may be fading-

What I do in this case is to use a pin to gently lift up the spiegel (cord) and see the color underneath if they have faded etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                            Yes, the ones that Larry posted are for a Catholic chaplain, Protestant chaplains wore tabs like normal heer officer tabs but with violet piping. Here is a tailor made example for a Catholic Chaplain that is a lighter violet-
                            Never heard there was a difference between catholic and protestant in the collar patches ?
                            The difference does exist only for the metal cross worn on the chest ...eventually for the one on the cap but that's it !
                            The worn collar patches presented are normally of the type for Waffenrock !
                            The jacket's collar patches looks also dark blue to me , not purple .
                            Nick

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
                              Never heard there was a difference between catholic and protestant in the collar patches ?
                              The difference does exist only for the metal cross worn on the chest ...eventually for the one on the cap but that's it !
                              The worn collar patches presented are normally of the type for Waffenrock !
                              The jacket's collar patches looks also dark blue to me , not purple .
                              Nick
                              No, for field service tunics the tabs were different as I explained. They both may (probably) have worn the violet tabs on dress tunics.

Comment

I looked in Angolia/Schlicht in both English and German editions and they do not describe it. The information is in this book and I have seen a large Protestant grouping with the normal syle tabs as well as Catholic tunics with the ones like we posted. I suspect they did not always follow the regulations.

https://www.amazon.com/German-Milita.../dp/0764321560

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X