No announcement yet.

What is acceptable in uniform collecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please don't think that I am saying "antything goes" in regards to tunic insignia attachment. I am saying that I have heard a tremdous amount of incorrect rules, mostly at shows, on what is right and what is wrong.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I think and that applies to "trusted authorities" whose judgement is taken as it was carved in stone!
    A little example;I pointed out once to one of these "trusted authorities" that a few of his listings weren't what he described them to be (further.....ever heard of a 'trusted militaria collector/dealer' who doesn't know what a universally-known WW2 German acronym means even if items coming from his very own collection are featured in books dealing with a certain branch and are stamped with these letters up the whazoo? )and guess what?He very politely told me that he didn't want me as a customer anymore !Oh well.....last thing I bought from him was a MINT,GENUINE pair of field gray Hermann Goering Sturmartillerie trousers which he listed as M43 and which I bough at a fraction of the price....ROLLING ON THE CARPET LAUGHING

Manny
    Last edited by derspiess63; 02-06-2005, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X