MedalsMilitary

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traditions / Division badges in wear ...And please show them!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditions / Division badges in wear ...And please show them!

These so called 'Truppen Traditions-/Erinnerungsabzeichen were 'semi-official' badges or pins and to be worn on both caps or uniforms.

Certain examples like those for the 1st, 116th or 23rd Panzer Division are often seen on period images but others are less common encountered on photographes, especially those worn on tunics.

It would IMO be very interesting to show period images in this thread were these small badges are being worn, preferably on tunics!

Don't hesitate to show your pins as well of course!

Herewith a few examples for subsequently a member in the 34. Inf-Div.; 215. Inf-Div. and 291. Inf.-Div.:
    Attached Files

7. Panzerdivision "Gespensterdivision" (interestingly here worn by a LW Flak NCO) :
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Zauberflöte View Post
      7. Panzerdivision "Gespensterdivision" (interestingly here worn by a LW Flak NCO) :
      It is actually 11.Panzer-Division and the soldier must be from leichte Flak-Abteilung 71.

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi View Post
        It is actually 11.Panzer-Division and the soldier must be from leichte Flak-Abteilung 71.
        I stand corrected, although named Gespensterdivision this caused the confusion..

Comment

"Gespensterbrigade Angern"

This will provide more information on the badge and unit history:

http://www.axishistory.com/axis-nati...uetzen-brigade

Comment

..any more juice in the pot; anyone with a nice uniform shot showing such a pin in wear?

Comment

Thread

Originally posted by Zauberflöte View Post
              ..any more juice in the pot; anyone with a nice uniform shot showing such a pin in wear?
              Look at this thread and you can see some pictures of the badges and them being worn:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=71747
              Last edited by Schulterklappen; 02-08-2016, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Schulterklappen View Post
                Look at this thread and you can see some pictures of the badges and them being worn:
                [/url]
                Thank you! This one is a nice addition! 34. Inf. Div.
                Attached Files

Comment

1. Panzer Division

I think Horst Riebenstahl's book on the 1. Panzer Division has some pictures of the of the oakleaves cap badge being worn. I believe it did not com into existence until late war.

http://www.amazon.com/The-1st-Panzer.../dp/0887402836

Comment

Erwin Bohlken

Bohlken, Erwin 17.03.1945 Feldwebel Zugführer i. d. 1./Pz.Rgt 1

You can see the oakleaves cap badge in wear. This is from Riebenstahl's book.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Schulterklappen View Post
                      I think Horst Riebenstahl's book on the 1. Panzer Division has some pictures of the of the oakleaves cap badge being worn. I believe it did not com into existence until late war.
                      Yes, I have a April '45 dated framed photo of a Panzer officer of the 1. Panz Div. with the same badge on his M43 Panz. cap. Unfortunately it is in storage at the moment.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X