Unique stug portrait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unique stug portrait

There is this stug portrait on the estand, owned by Koenigstiger, with the different waffenfarbe on cap and tunic , strange collar tabs and slip ons? It is such an unique uniform combo, makes for a nice uniform study?
    Attached Files

Great photo Jacques.

The collar tabs seem to be the universal tabs normally seen on earlier model tunics, sewn direct to the collar with the piping separately sewn direct to the collar. The waffenfarbe on the tunic and shoulder straps seems to be red (?) just based on the assumed red hue of the winter meat ribbon.

More STRANGE is the fact that his hat has what looks like white or even yellow (possibly light green?) waffenfarbe?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by airborne_steve View Post
      More STRANGE is the fact that his hat has what looks like white or even yellow (possibly light green?) waffenfarbe?

Steve
      Light green would fit my guess, no STUG-member but a Skijäger

Comment

could be pionner, and cap provided by the photographer? i have seen some pics with provided caps.

Comment

Hello,

I thought pioneer at first glance to. The shoulder boards have slip-on numbers and appear to be in the high 300 range to me. The collar tabs could actually be late war einheits tabs that have been upgraded with a colored thread or tress and then had a soutauche piping applied around them. The chevron is on a dark green or black. Super nice photo!!

Fred

Comment

Fred, i think you nailed it.

But also take a look at the eastmedaillie-band.
            In a black and white photograf, red is dark as black.

Comment

Looks like Panzer Pioneer. Hat was probably loaned from friend or studio for photo.

Comment

Hello,

Isn't panzer pioneer waffenfarbe alternating black and white piping??

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by madandi View Post
                  Fred, i think you nailed it.

But also take a look at the eastmedaillie-band.
                  In a black and white photograf, red is dark as black.
                  i think thats doesnt mean nothing, the arm chevron looks black too, and its dark green, not red.

Comment

Gentlemen,

I think you're wrong here. I see a soldier from the Sturmgeschütz Abteilung 300 in red branch Color. The cap is White piped as it is very often in wartime Pictures. A lot of photographers had own Visor caps in their Studios. You can find this very often, that the cap branch Color does not fit the rest.

I know for sure from a former member that the short living 300's pioneers had neither StuG wraps or own slides. They had Standard Equipment and wore their former Lehr boards or removed the "L 2".

Best regards,
                    Andreas

Comment

Originally posted by vizenz View Post
                      I see a soldier from the Sturmgeschütz Abteilung 300 in red branch Color.

Best regards,
                      Andreas

Comment

...I see a soldier from the Sturmgeschütz Abteilung 300 in red branch Color. The cap is White piped as it is very often in wartime Pictures. A lot of photographers had own Visor caps in their Studios. You can find this very often, that the cap branch Color does not fit the rest....

Comment

Gentlemen,

I think you're wrong here. I see a soldier from the Sturmgeschütz Abteilung 300 in red branch Color. The cap is White piped as it is very often in wartime Pictures. A lot of photographers had own Visor caps in their Studios. You can find this very often, that the cap branch Color does not fit the rest.

I know for sure from a former member that the short living 300's pioneers had neither StuG wraps or own slides. They had Standard Equipment and wore their former Lehr boards or removed the "L 2".

Best regards,
                          Andreas
                          Andreas, You are the man!!!!!

Fred

Comment

Gentlemen,

Best regards,
                            Andreas
                            I think so too!
                            Collect all GEBIRGSJAEGER - items ...

Comment

Nice pic Jacques.
                              B&w on period pics can be tricky to correctly identify a piping color.
                              For comparizon with some portraits of members of Stug Abt. 300 :

derka

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X