X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Bob. Working on them now. G.

Originally posted by Waffenreich View Post
    Gary,

I think what T-pionier may be implying in his Thread is that original Krugs should have a capital "L".

If this is the case, I categorically disagree with him. I have handled numerous original Imperial, Reichsheer, and Wehrmacht commemorative Krugs, and just looked at a number for sale on different sites and there is no consistency in the marks. A lot depended on the particular style a specific pottery used.

I did some research on your potter's mark and it appears the mark is for the "Berlin" pottery (as opposed to Meissen, Vienna, Sevres, etc.). I saw a few that I would say are unquestionably original and they had the same small case "l".

There are ONLY two things that might cause me concern (and this is because we haven't seen a good pic yet) and they are 1) the lack of full paint on the Krug (you can see on your picture of the bottom that there is bare stoneware in the center, and, 2) the really brilliant appearance of the silver of the Heer Adler. Both of these could be non-issues, but a better picture of the eagle at an oblique angle may put my concern to rest.

All-in-all, I'm in agreement with those who have commented and my gut says you've got a really nice Krug, with a very desirable motif.

Post a pic if you can of the stenciling and eagle and we may be able to wrap this up for you.

BTW - love that Scheinwerfer Krug nzef

Looking forward to your reply and best regards!

Bob

Comment

Do these help?
      Attached Files

Comment

Last one.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the additional pictures Gary.

Sadly, I don't know what to say now

It almost looks like there is overspray around some of the letters and the decal does not look to me like it is a helmet decal applied to this so I don't know how it would have been executed with this high degree of detail. I'm not familiar enough with all of the different makers of decals to attribute it to one or another.

The good news is if this is something that was produced to deceive I think we would have seen more in this style whether they had "famous/elite" units or ordinary Heer units.

I still like it though based on my gut check.

I hope these new pics bring you some more qualified comments.

vr

Bob

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DCM View Post
              Step away from the ledge buddy - be patient

Comment

Run over of paint/glaze on stencilled lettering
                Is not an issue and a quite common occurrence.

Comment

Thanks guys I will take this to mean this stein is OK then. I'm stepping back from the ledge Bob

Comment

Sending you a PM G.

vr

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by nzef1940 View Post
                      Run over of paint/glaze on stencilled lettering
                      Is not an issue and a quite common occurrence.
                      Totally agree with this comment and could not have said it better

Nice original WW2 stein with a small "l" half litre mark,

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X