No announcement yet.

Post Your Smallest Wehrmacht Tunics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something related to this is looking at tiny shoulder board sizes. The board in the middle is "normal" size These (on the right) also are a good indication of how small some people were and on the left also that some people were larger as well.
    Attached Files

Comment

This is not mine but I saw it at the SOS a few weeks ago. They guy claims it was era made. It looks pretty well made to me. Had boots and I think a helmet. IMG_0065.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw that one - it was a child's costume uniform - that doesn't count!

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
          I saw that one - it was a child's costume uniform - that doesn't count!

Don
          I think that is the same one he has been trying to sell for a long time. In the 1980s you would see these at German Flea markets for 30 USD etc. There were factory made ones with tin helmets and many also were handmade by family members etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
            Something related to this is looking at tiny shoulder board sizes. The board in the middle is "normal" size These (on the right) also are a good indication of how small some people were and on the left also that some people were larger as well.
            Some tunics showed here are extremly small , hard to belive how thinny were german soldiers which did used those tunics.

Compare now to "xlarge" size which exists in US Army clothes

Comment

This is another tunic that fits a 12 year old boy size mannequin form.

Mark
              Attached Files

Comment

Don,

I note that your nebel waffenrock has a chest size 92 cm. I've found that the low 90s is quite a common size for tunics of that era and perfectly fits my adult mannequin.

I've heard a theory that the starvation conditions immediately after WW1 adversely affected youngsters' physical development. They of course were the future soldiers of 1939-45.

Now here's a genuinely small example that would fit an 86cm chest.

Regards, Mike
                Attached Files

Comment

I think that is the same one he has been trying to sell for a long time. In the 1980s you would see these at German Flea markets for 30 USD etc. There were factory made ones with tin helmets and many also were handmade by family members etc.
                  Yes, that one and about 3/4 of the uniforms, caps, badges, medals and ephemera at these shows that make up the MAX and SOS Annual Traveling Museum!

Don

Comment

Hey DonC

Yeah I know, Just waiting to find a perfect thread to show it!

Comment

Yes I think the person selling it said he thought it was hand made by a family member. For whatever that is worth!

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                        Yes, that one and about 3/4 of the uniforms, caps, badges, medals and ephemera at these shows that make up the MAX and SOS Annual Traveling Museum!

Don
                        I had been watching the Wittmann video leading up to the SOS this year and I noticed several items that were shown in the videos still being displayed by the same sellers. It seemed that some people had their stuff priced so high they didn't even want to sell it!

Comment

This is my Luftwaffe dress tunic. It measures about 14” shoulder to shoulder. That is my 10 year old daughter wearing it. I had to also cut down my mannequin quite a bit.

Dave C

IMG_0572.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X