Post Your Smallest Wehrmacht Tunics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Your Smallest Wehrmacht Tunics

Heer, WSS, Luftwaffe or KM, let's see the tiniest tunics in your collection. I had long thought that the tunics of Ritter von Molo were some of the smallest out there (http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=von+Molo) until I picked up this summer tunic for an early Signals or Kradschützen Oberleutnant. It measures 13 1/4 inches from shoulder seam to shoulder seam and is mounted on a male dress form for a ten to twelve year old boy and is somewhat snug on that! Please post yours.

Don
    Attached Files

Ï remember when I was a beginner I sent one back because I could not beleive how small it was.
    Luckily now I know better...Here are my 2 smallest ones.
    I had to cut down the male forms considerably to fit them on and you can see how small they are by the size of the awards and mapcase compared with them.

Mads
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Don,

A good idea for a thread. Do collectors still prefer larger sizes in general, and is that strictly because of the ease in fitting to a torso? I always focused on the piece itself and whether that fit into my concentration or not - the size was irrelevant. But we all collect differently based on what's important to us. I still recognize that prices tend to be higher for larger sized helmets and caps, particularly.

J-

Comment

Hi,
        Agreed job thread I find that most tunics are small.

Comment

I do think the larger ones are more sought-after unless they are named or to a well-known individual - certainly for me, that is something I prefer just for the ease of displaying on a mannequin or dress form. I probably had over a hundred tunics pass though my hands over the years, and I can think of only one that would fit me, and I wear about a 40 or 42 long.

Don

Comment

Here's one that I found to be very vertically challenged, although chest is a fairly average 90 for those times.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here's my contribution, very small size.
              Attached Files

Comment

There is a ghost of a gefreiter winkel...
                Age toned tresse almost look Tropical!
                Attached Files

Comment

Bringing this up to the top as I found one that beat my summer tunic - this Nebel Waffenrock by Reitz fits my 12 year old son almost perfectly. The cuff tabs are not sewn on in the regulation manner because there was no way for the tailor to fit the tress over the buttons due to the small size. It is incredible to me to think that an Oberfeldwebel could be the size of a 12 year old boy.

Don
                  Attached Files

Comment

A
                    Attached Files

Comment

Small and thin!

Here's one of my little, skinny fella's . . .
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Komiya View Post
                        Here's one that I found to be very vertically challenged, although chest is a fairly average 90 for those times.
                        This tunics are i think almost the same,...just the huge pockets on the other make it look like small

Comment

Here's my smallest tunic. Haven't been able to find a mannequin small enough to display it yet.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The issue-quality EM/NCO eagles especially give it away as they were really only produced in one size.

Don

Comment

I recently picked this piped Cav set up, one of the smallest uniforms I've owned myself.

Blaine
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X