No announcement yet.

M45 printed breast eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was telling myself the exact same thing: there is definitely no white outline around the eagle on this picture. It can't be a second pattern.

Comment

Great to see another printed eagle in a period studio portrait! The jury is still out on the so-called second pattern.

Comment

Here’s mine on HBT tunic. What year did they start using printed breast eagles?
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Rodney, I am unsure but it would pretty safe to say very, very late 44 but most likely 45.

Fred

Comment

The 3 M44 tunics with 1st pattern printed eagle which were sold long ago by Mike Davis are all 44 dated (see links below) so if we accept these as factory applied (obvious on the first one as the lower part of the eagle is sewn under the breast pocket), then I would also say late 1944.

http://www.virtualgrenadier.com/sale_item.php?iid=2179
            http://www.virtualgrenadier.com/sale_item.php?iid=2941
            http://www.virtualgrenadier.com/sale_item.php?iid=2704

Comment

Here are the photos that you asked for Fred,

sorry about the delay,

Chris
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
                Hello Edoudou68,

Great picture. Can you get a closer shot of it? It appears to be multiple colors and not just white on a green background. There is another color around the swastika and the wings appear highlighted to me.

After looking at the eagle again I can say positively that this is a 3-color 1st pattern printed eagle. It is sewn in the trapezoidal method and if it were the 2nd pattern eagle you would be able to see the white outline that goes around the eagle.

Fred

Agreed. Neat photo!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Maxoumilitaria View Post
                  The 3 M44 tunics with 1st pattern printed eagle which were sold long ago by Mike Davis are all 44 dated (see links below) so if we accept these as factory applied (obvious on the first one as the lower part of the eagle is sewn under the breast pocket), then I would also say late 1944.

http://www.virtualgrenadier.com/sale_item.php?iid=2179
                  http://www.virtualgrenadier.com/sale_item.php?iid=2941
                  http://www.virtualgrenadier.com/sale_item.php?iid=2704
                  Here are the relevant photos
                  Attached Files

Comment

Note the variation in application
                    Attached Files

Comment

What a great and educational thread! I love late war (last ditch) stuff!
                      Would love to find a printed Heer eagle to display side by side with my printed SS eagle! (printed LW would probably ne asking too much...Very rare material!
                      (and factory mounted on a uniform a dream to own! Excellent contributions!

Comment

Here are 3 examples that I have picked up over the years.

The bottom example looks like the one that started this thread.

Note the differences in sizes between the middle BE and bottom BE: head, neck, wreath, swastika.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Mike, Chris, and Tim,

Thanks for the new postings.

Mike- the application of those eagles is fantastic!!

Tim- Love those eagle. I really like seeing the bleed through and cutlines!!

Chris- Thanks for posting those tabs. Your tabs are different in design and material from madandi's tabs. His tabs are made of the same material as the 2nd pattern eagle.

Fred

Comment

Hello,

I brought this thread back to the top because of a printed eagle on sale on the stand.

I have also brought back up to the top of the forum two other threads asking for confirmation of the French shirt/lining material and a request fro photos of this eagle in use.

Fred

Comment

Chris,

First time I've seen printed collar tabs. Awesome! Jim

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
                              Here are the photos that you asked for Fred,

sorry about the delay,

Chris

Comment

Fred,

I can see about 3 types of eagles in this thread.

First is the type of eagle the topic was started with,
                                Seconde is the type is the one I and Madandi have
                                And the there is the Weitze eagle.

Just for the record, I'm defending the second type of eagle. First one is good,
                                Weitze eagles shares my concerns.

Your way of thinking is, I've never seen this so it's fake unless proven otherwise, but you don't have any proof now.

My way of thinking, it's orginal unless proven otherwise because it's logic to me.

- the eagle is not based on the first printed type
                                - it's not made to fool anybody
                                - it's not worth a lot of money so why try to fake them?
                                - there are only 2 examples know, if they were being faked, wouldn't we see others??
                                - i can't seem to find any re-anctors clothing with printed eagles
                                - is there even a fake version of the first type know?
                                - both known examples have clearly been used and sewn on, no mint ones were found so far.
                                -both eagles have a light brown/green backing colour, reminds me of the first Army eagles pre 1938, maybe these eagles are not late war but just very early? Would explain why they are so rare.

After reading this thread, you are the only person having doubts about these items, other people seem to like them.

If you want I can send it to you and you can take a look at it.
                                Attached Files
                                http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X