Clear All

Opinions on this M40 tunic needed

Hello to all,

I wanted your thoughts on this M40 tunic. Thanks in advance

Imo not original

Comment

Any other opinion ?

Comment

At least have to courtesy to say why you think it's not good.

Comment

I don't see a problem but the pictures are not very good.

Comment

Nice M40, with early insignias, probably a period job!

Comment

Hello,

I can't say anything about the tunic but the insignia is all original. It has also been replaced. The Artillery piped collar tabs are terribly machine sewn on by somebody that has absolutely no knowledge of cutting and folding tabs.

Fred

Comment

Indeed, the collar tabs are not correctly applied. Also, I should add it seems it was originally for an NCO due to the marks of a tress all around the collar.

I can do more pictures if needed.

Thanks for your help, I must be sure there is no problem with the tunic

Comment

I would like to see better quality pictures. However, with what I do see, I'm not convinced that the tunic is original. The tunic just doesn't sit right with me....my opinion is the tunic is a fake! The belt ramp holes and the button holes are not the right size and/or configuration. The wool seems thick and not the same quality as found in original tunics. The insignia are replaced. Question, are there support strap securing hooks sewn into the lining? I cant see with my small laptop monitor. Finally, the lining looks like it was washed a dozen times and the pinched waist darts in the lining are just wrong. Anyway, there are more questions than answers with this one. I would wait and find an untouched original. Steve
                  Last edited by airborne_steve; 02-17-2015, 12:41 PM.

Comment

I am with Steve on this one, my first feeling was something is not right with this tunic. J

Comment

I am also not totally convinced...maybe I am wrong but....look...
                      especially this...
                      Attached Files

Comment

ok, another serie of pictures, I hope they will help more

Comment

Comment

Button hole ribbon certainly not originally applied.

Comment

Materials do look period based on this set of images...certainly rebadged.
                              Chest pocket shapes just a little odd for me...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X