Panzerjäger Feldwebel tunic opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

footnote on shadow comment

i don't trust my assessment from photos (even hi res). i've been wrong too many times

Comment

It's a very nice tunic. When I saw this on the dealer's site it was already sold...now I know to who! Had it been available I probably would have bought it. It would have mad a nice match to the one I currently have...also originally from the same dealer, ironically.
      Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful tunic and boards! I would love to have this one in my collection!

Regards,
        Chris G.

Comment

Originally posted by Husker402 View Post
          It's a very nice tunic. When I saw this on the dealer's site it was already sold...now I know to who! Had it been available I probably would have bought it. It would have mad a nice match to the one I currently have...also originally from the same dealer, ironically.
          Yes, sorry about that. I figured that it would be sold very fast and thus I had to make a quick decision.

Your tunic sure looks nice with with the visor cap.

Comment

Looks nice...I have it's twin but the NCO never removed the factory sewn generic collar tabs and just applied the early Panzer tabs over the top.

Glenn
            Attached Files
            "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Not only is this a good period uniform... not only is a Panzerjäger uniform rare... what makes even rarer... is the fact that it is a Funker uniform. The Rosa blitz is for the radio man. My grandfather was one...

Comment

Here is my very rare... Panzerjäger Funker... uniform. Identical to my Opa's during ww2. M40 Army panzerjäger feldbluse 1940

Comment

Hi Frank,

An interesting detail on your Opa's tunic is that the breast eagle was sewn onto a piece of feldgrau cloth to give it more depth before it was put on his tunic. I have seen that in several original photos. In its issued form, your Opa's M43 tunic would have had mouse-grey M40 type collar patches and breast eagle, but - like many soldiers - he customised the tunic by adding M36 type insignia on dark green backing.

This is an example of a backed bevo-woven breast eagle that I own, for the coastal artillery (kusten artillerie). It is not a cut-off, it was made this way to give the flat-woven eagle more 'body' when it was put on a tunic.

All the best,

Mark
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Mark_K; 07-27-2019, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark_K View Post
                    Hi Frank,

An interesting detail on your Opa's tunic is that the breast eagle was sewn onto a piece of feldgrau cloth to give it more depth before it was put on his tunic. I have seen that in several original photos. In its issued form, your Opa's M43 tunic would have had mouse-grey M40 type collar patches and breast eagle, but - like many soldiers - he customised the tunic by adding M36 type insignia on dark green backing.

This is an example of a backed bevo-woven breast eagle that I own, for the coastal artillery (kusten artillerie). It is not a cut-off, it was made this way to give the flat-woven eagle more 'body' when it was put on a tunic.

All the best,

Mark
                    Correct, he did upgrade his uniform... on the late war version.

Here is his early version... when married... brand new made for wedding( this one is like the ones in the color pics)

And another very early version....

Comment

In ref. to this pic... My Opa is next to his BF during the war... Panzerjäger. I was never sure if he was in the SP Gun?Stug as radio man... or just a reg. funker w/radio on back. I know he carried a radio early in the war during invasion of Poland/Francis/Russia... he later was routed to the battle of bulge... and the final retreat before surrendering in the last days of the war... at Cologne(Köln). 6 years...

Comment

PanzerJager

Hi FrankB,

Thanks very much for posting the great photos of your Opa.
                        For me, the bottom picture in post #24 is particularly interesting,
                        as he appears to have a unit distinctive band around his shoulder
                        strap. You do not see a lot of photos with these unit markings.
                        I have several straps/boards with them. Here is a panzer
                        signals board with a red unit band.

Also interesting that later in the war he acquired straps with the
                        gothic P (panzerjager), which appears to be an early chain stitched
                        P vs. the later metal cypher.

Thanks,

Paul
                        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice tunic and just my size. Jackboot

Comment

Originally posted by TK GUY View Post
                            Hi FrankB,

Thanks very much for posting the great photos of your Opa.
                            For me, the bottom picture in post #24 is particularly interesting,
                            as he appears to have a unit distinctive band around his shoulder
                            strap. You do not see a lot of photos with these unit markings.
                            I have several straps/boards with them. Here is a panzer
                            signals board with a red unit band.

Also interesting that later in the war he acquired straps with the
                            gothic P (panzerjager), which appears to be an early chain stitched
                            P vs. the later metal cypher.

Thanks,

Paul
                            Interesting... I know this... He went to signal school at a place called Bad Frienwalder near current Polish border. He was part of the 208th ID originally assigned to Aufklärungs-Abteilung 208 that later became Panzerjäger-Abteilung 208. Later in the war he was asigned to a Festung Panzerjäger company independent unit... that was assigned to several VG Divisions during the battle of thew Buldge. I have to look them up... I forget the unti names.

Comment

Highly desirable tunic, a joy to look at.

A great thread too!

Regards, Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X