Panzer Officers Tunic Opinions needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys,

well more photos and an in hand inspection are needed no doubt, Let me ask what the members think of the tabs on this Artillery tunic, where as one is lower than the other?

Regards,
    Kevin
    Attached Files

Comment

One of the problems is that all the photos are taken at an angle from one side or the other. A straight on shot with the collar buttoned up would probably tell a lot more about either one.

Don

Comment

Hi Guys,
        how about this shot, the left on this tab seems to be off too.

Regards,
        Kevin
        Attached Files

Comment

Ask Peter for a close-up...

Don

Comment

Hi Donc,

Yes you are right, but do the tabs look the same? I believe Peter's pieces are 100%, just saying sometimes things are not always text book, I have heard and took into consideration everyone opinions and it gives me something to think about, and Thank everyone for the help, but do me a favor and look around on a bunch of sites and see how many tunics with uneven Officer collar tabs you find, I found plenty. Gives you something to think about.

Regards,
            Kevin

Comment

Kevin, I'd really like to see pics of the front of the tunic that you posted to start the thread. Tabs are sometimes mounted upside down and you see that gap. Personally, for me, it is a pet peeve as they were by regulations supposed to be mounted parallel to the top of the collar. Peter's Arty Oberleutnant may be 100%, but if I were going to buy it or trade something for it I'd just ask him for some close-ups of the collar straight-on.

Don
              Last edited by DonC; 09-02-2013, 02:34 PM.

Comment

The tabs will look this way also sometimes from being on a hanger for long periods of time. I best way to check tabs if possible of to put the tunic on a torso for or find someone who it fits and look for the wear rub on the collar. The collar when closed and filled out may show that when the jacket was worn the tabs were matched up and aligned. Even though it is not a perfect match on the torso in the image and looks lower it still could be okay.

Comment

Is it just me beeing paranoid or does it look like the left collar tab is a reproduction and the right one an original one!? I could be totally wrong here, it can be the brightness of the light that fools my eyes! (Or the picture beeing so small) But a close up on the collar tabs would be apritiated!

Comment

They're not identical in style on the Panzer tunic - I think that's what you are seeing.

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X