No announcement yet.

Post your favorite Heer shoulder strap/board and/or collar tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my favorite it was all in a little box, he must have visited Gebirgsjägerbrigade 23 and picked up some post war insignia. Unnamed Hauptmann probably served with Gebirgs-Nachrichten-Abteilung 94, I think the man was his driver or aide.
    Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful example, aside from the damage one of the nicest I have.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hardy, do you know what the red band designator would be for Nachrichten?

Comment

Originally posted by jhodgson View Post
          Hardy, do you know what the red band designator would be for Nachrichten?
          Red band is for II. Bataillon / Abteilung. In this case probably a Hauptmann from II. Abteilung of a Nachrichten-Regiment

Often only one board had a band.

I have a Konvolut of a Gebirgsjäger Nachrichten Feldwebel that was a in Dec. 1944 with the Nachrichten-Regiment 570 in Hungary. He wore the Edelweiss on his sleeve and the number 570 on his yellow piped straps.

Feldwebel Georg (Schorsch) Hohl from Sonthofen im Allgäu

The same color system as with the Bayonet knots was used. The colors for Kompanien, Batterien Bataillone and Abteilungen were I. white, II. red, III. yellow and IV. blue.

The old formular to remember the order of the colors was: "Wir Rauchen Gerne Brasil" Weiss, Rot, Gelb, Blau

Here is a Sani Feldwebel of a I. Bataillon/Abteilung

Last edited by naxos; 05-27-2009, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks, you postwar Vets pin is a little dfferent, I like the 4th GJD Ehrennadel.
            Attached Files

Comment

From the Kavallerie side: A truly beautiful set of EM straps recently purchased from a fellow WAF member.
              The golden-yellow Fraktur "S" was designated to be worn by the cadre of the Kavallerieschule in Hannover (1935-37); Kavallerieschule Krampnitz (designated Schule für Schnelle Truppen II in June 1941), 1937–43; Aufklärungs- und Kavallerieschule Bromberg, 1943–45; and, finally, Aufklärungs- und Kavallerieschule Naestved (Denmark), 1945. Most likely, given wartime shortages, the embroidered EM version of this insignia was no longer worn at the Bromberg and Naestved schools.
              Attached Files

Comment

To keep the thread up.

Heres (a part) of a nice portrait i got the last month from a member of Kriegsschule Hannover.
                Attached Files

Comment

My KSH board (shown before)
                  Attached Files

Comment

And Santa brought me this pair today.
                    Very rare tabs for an officer assigned to the OKW!
                    These pair belonged to later General der Gebirgstruppe and knights cross winner Volckamer v. Kirchsittenbach! Note his coat of arms on top of the boards (on his ww1 diaries and photos)
                    Attached Files

Comment

My humble contribution. I didn't even know what these were when I got them. The unit was decimated at Stalingrad...
                      Attached Files

Comment

two
                        Attached Files

Comment

three
                          Attached Files

Comment

Heeres-Flakartillerie-Abteilung 276 very nice!

Comment

GJ shoulder boards

Hello guys,

I want to show you my new find.
                              A M43 GJ with this beauties of shouderboards .
                              There in a verry good and matcing condition.

Kind regards
                              Jeroen

Last edited by Steiner44; 01-02-2009, 06:27 PM.

Comment

P666 Strap

I wonder if these guys were refered to as, "The Beast Detachment"...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 28 users online. 0 members and 28 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X