Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combat tunic opinions please

Hi Guys

Please could I get some opinions on this one, it certainly has age to it but I don't recall seeing one with lining like this- no bandage pocket and sewn in belt ramps? There are no stamps on it. Is it a legit version?

Many thanks in advance

Patrick
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

IMHO it is not original

Comment

Bad one

Comment

I don't like it either. Construction is wrong, wool is not correct...

Comment

I do not agree with the other opinions given for this tunic. I purchased one of these in 1982 and have seen probably a half dozen or so over the years. They all share the same construction attributes and, interestingly, all had the shoulder strap buttons with the 6.

I have discussed this type of tunic with many collectors and the general consensus is that after the annexation of Austria in 1938 the uniform factories could not keep up with the influx of personal into the heer. The result was this so called 'economy model' tunic.

And there is photographic proof to support this type of tunic being issued and worn. I am unsure of the title, but there is a gbjr book published in 1939 or 1940 showing a soldier seated at a table wearing this style of tunic. Though it is not shown in the pictures of the tunic that were posted, it has a cuff slit but no provision to adjust the cuff with a button. This is the feature that is shown in the picture in the book.

I look forward to hearing other opinions, not just statements.

Comment

I agree with the last comment. Here is one for sale. It is on the page provided, but you must scroll down to see it.

http://www.svmilitaria.com/GermanWWIIUniforms.htm

Comment

Originally posted by sauron249 View Post
                  I agree with the last comment. Here is one for sale. It is on the page provided, but you must scroll down to see it.

http://www.svmilitaria.com/GermanWWIIUniforms.htm
                  Im affraid that being one jacket in THIS site means absolutely nothing since THIS dealer lives in another sphere...if not another universe...

Comment

This type of tunic has been discussed at length with mixed opinions! These tunics all share similar features, the #6 shoulder strap buttons, the partial lining, integral belt support hooks, false split cuffs, lower quality wool and sloppy applied collar litzen to name a few. There is a period(?) training film with a soldier wearing a similar type tunic URL below. I'm not a big fan of these tunics. Again, the collector community jury is still out on this type of tunic as far as I can tell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kng8jpKM5YU

Steve

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=124826

Comment

tunic

These tunics were made by the War department,there is a set in the Imperial war museum,you can see some of them with the WD stamps in them-any other theory is just pure collector wishful thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by paul.j View Post
                          These tunics were made by the War department,there is a set in the Imperial war museum,you can see some of them with the WD stamps in them-any other theory is just pure collector wishful thinking.
                          Would you happen to have any photos of the set in the imperial war museum? The link to the previous thread presents a pretty good case that these tunics, through period photos, or ones very similar are war time and wehrmacht issued. Another question would be why would the war department be producing these tunics?

Comment

m 36

In my opinion these were made for training soldiers overseas. I have seen the exact tunic being worn by US soldiers acting as german soldiers during a war time training. Do a search on youtube and you will see them. While not german made, they are in my opinion a very historical uniform,and worth having. That being said the prices being asked are way too much. Tony

Comment

I have one almost identical to this one but with a pink lining fabric. I have always been puzzled by these, they are not modern copies and the textiles and sewing etc. appear WWII Period. Mine has the same tabs, boards and buttons but has an Obergefreiter chevron and a different type of eagle. These tabs were not in use until the later part of 1940 so the thought they were made in Austria in late 38-early 39 does not seem to fit well.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X