shoulder boards tropical question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by afrikasandman View Post
    Can you post the link? I know PVL had several boards that he was selling that were nearly identical to these. In fact didn't he sell the Machine gun set?
    I have never seen these straps being offered by any of the "big dealers". I am quite sure no one ever had these except ebay. Correct me if I am wrong.

I believe, if memory serves right, the machine gun set too was sold on german ebay along with many other funky straps.

These were not part of the "hoard" though. The hoard may well have come from another source and was clearly of a "better" quality. But again, I don't remember all the details about that.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
      I have never seen these straps being offered by any of the "big dealers". I am quite sure no one ever had these except ebay. Correct me if I am wrong.

I believe, if memory serves right, the machine gun set too was sold on german ebay along with many other funky straps.

These were not part of the "hoard" though. The hoard may well have come from another source and was clearly of a "better" quality. But again, I don't remember all the details about that.

Cheers
      The straps were bought off of 321 and Ebay and very quickly started to show up at shows and on dealer sites. This happened with many of the ones that were sold early off of ebay and several are still for sale on dealer sites that are attributed to the same "artist".

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
        The straps were bought off of 321 and Ebay and very quickly started to show up at shows and on dealer sites. This happened with many of the ones that were sold early off of ebay and several are still for sale on dealer sites that are attributed to the same "artist".
        Again, I have not seen them on any of the dealer sites that I visit, not in europe and not in america. Note though that I am referring to the type that is the original topic of this thread (same type as the machine gun straps).

The "hoard", on the other hand, has scattered to the four winds. These were very well made, not perfect though and all were mint.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
          Again, I have not seen them on any of the dealer sites that I visit, not in europe and not in america. Note though that I am referring to the type that is the original topic of this thread (same type as the machine gun straps).

The "hoard", on the other hand, has scattered to the four winds. These were very well made, not perfect though and all were mint.

Cheers
          Again, they were sold by dealers on some website and at shows in the US and UK. They were believed to be real and sold very quickly. I am referring to the wool boards and rare piped collar tabs he made, I saw some tropical boards at shows that also were like his listings on Ebay but I do not know if they were his work as I did not see them for sale. I was contacted by a dealer who offered me very rare Nebel tabs that he had bought on Ebay.De for 70% of what he was trying to charge me. This is just one example.

By the "hoard" are you talking about the items from the "tailor shop" in Dortmund that was sold on German Ebay a couple years ago?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X