HW Flak wrap Italy 43-45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
    I am not so sure Glenn but I am interested in your opinion and others on this point.

Have a look at the buttons, they are the wooden Italian type and there are no button holes. Again a sign of Italian manufacture. Plus the insignia is not a trap but two seperate badges. Again, something one sometimes sees on an Italian made cap.

Here is a comparison with a similar cap which came from a New Zealand Returned Soldiers Association (RSA) which closed down. This cap has all the hall marks of Italian manufacture including the wool type lining,

Chris

I missed the lack of button holes and thought they were pebbled buttons but being that it has a vent grommet (circled in red) the square cut of the front flaps and 2 piece insignia I assumed it was a upgraded M42...I know I have seen M42 upgrades with all different length visors added.

The Italian types I know of do not have vent grommets.

Glenn
    Attached Files
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
      I missed the lack of button holes and thought they were pebbled buttons but being that it has a vent grommet (circled in red) the square cut of the front flaps and 2 piece insignia I assumed it was a upgraded M42...I know I have seen M42 upgrades with all different length visors added.

The Italian types I know of do not have vent grommets.

Glenn
      Hello Glenn,

good point about the possible grommet. I had missed that but agree it could be there. The interesting thing is that my cap appears to have been copied by the Italian maker off a Bergmutze. Look at the seam around the crown. Plus the bill is not a long one and a bit sqaure in shape.

Talking about "interesting" and "M42's", there is also an image of an M42 being worn in Italy with a factory applied trap rather than the two seperate insignia.

I have posted the image below,

Chris
      Attached Files

Comment

Close ups. Another one for the record,

Chris
        Attached Files

Comment

Cap aside, I just love the photo.

Bob Hritz
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X