HW Flak wrap Italy 43-45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HW Flak wrap Italy 43-45

I thought that this image from Italy might interest Bob Hritz and others. He has probably already seen it but still it is worth posting here,

Chris
    Attached Files

The more I study the German uniforms worn in Italy 1943 to 1945, the more interesting it becomes,

Chris
    Attached Files

Comment

Probably in no other campaign that the Germans fought in in WW2 was such a wide variety of uniforms worn. When you stop and ponder that point, it is almost off the "interest-factor"/ "rare-as" radars in more ways than one,

Chris
      Attached Files

Comment

Almost looks like a bergmutze too !! Billbert
        http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...t/HFA304-R.htm

Comment

I believe that it is a M42 with added visor...Nice photo.

Glenn
          "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Great photo, I read 304 on the slip on am I right? and yes it sure does look like a bergmutze!

Kevin

Edit, Yes Glenn makes a good point and after posting I clicked the link from billbert and answered my 304th query....

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
              I believe that it is a M42 with added visor...Nice photo.

Glenn
              I am not so sure Glenn but I am interested in your opinion and others on this point.

Have a look at the buttons, they are the wooden Italian type and there are no button holes. Again a sign of Italian manufacture. Plus the insignia is not a trap but two seperate badges. Again, something one sometimes sees on an Italian made cap.

Here is a comparison with a similar cap which came from a New Zealand Returned Soldiers Association (RSA) which closed down. This cap has all the hall marks of Italian manufacture including the wool type lining,

Chris
              Attached Files

Comment

Closer images,

Chris
                Attached Files
                Last edited by 90th Light; 03-09-2013, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Even bigger,

Chris
                  Attached Files

Comment

Last ones.

Certainly not identical caps but no buttons holes. Thus are we talking Bergmutze or Italian manufacture ???

Chris
                    Attached Files

Comment

Notice in the photo where the cap body is attached to the bill, sure looks like an M42 update to visor job, No?

nice cap You have there Chris! could you lift the buttoned flap and show us how the bill is attached to the body on your fine example?

Kev

Comment

Hello WEISNER,

couple of quick images which hopefully will do the trick. Let me know if you need more,

Chris

Originally posted by WEISNER View Post
                        Notice in the photo where the cap body is attached to the bill, sure looks like an M42 update to visor job, No?

nice cap You have there Chris! could you lift the buttoned flap and show us how the bill is attached to the body on your fine example?

Kev
                        Attached Files

Comment

I believe the 308th Heeresflak was attached to the 104th Jager Div.; this might explain the Bergmutz (short bill and Steinuss buttons), possibly with a Jager device on the hidden side.

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
                            The more I study the German uniforms worn in Italy 1943 to 1945, the more interesting it becomes,

Chris
                            I agree. Most of the Heer Divisions in Italy had cap badges, more so then other theater of operations. Plus you had Cossacks and the Turkistan Division for added flavor. Jim

Comment

Having looked at the embroidery again, I believe it now to be Heeres Flak Abteilung 304 which was attached to the 26th Panzer Div. which served in Italy.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X